MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Who Are Volunteers?
Volunteers are people who are willing to donate their time and energies to assist principals, teachers, and other school personnel in implementing various phases of school programs. Volunteers may be recruited from many different populations including parents, business people, community members, retired senior citizens, high school, Montgomery College, and college and university students.
- Sign in and out when reporting to or leaving the school
- Notify the school coordinator or the teacher when an illness or other circumstances prevents the volunteer from reporting to the school
- Respect confidentiality of school matters
- Carry out only those duties assigned that have been approved by the principal
- Comply with systemwide and school policies, regulations and rules
- Attend professional meetings or programs as appropriate
Recording Volunteer Hours
Northwood High School and the PTSA request that all parents and community members record the time they spend volunteering. Volunteer hours must be submitted on a monthly basis to the main office. The Volunteer Coordinator prepares reports on MCPS school volunteers as required by the MCPS Board of Education, the Division of Insurance and Retirement, and the Maryland State Department of Education
Volunteer hours should be recorded on MCPS form 311-56.