Northwood Lab Preschool Program
Thank you for your interest in the Northwood High Early Child Development Laboratory Program. The preschool program operates from early October through mid-May, and follows MCPS closings for holidays and weather related issues. There will be one session offered from 7:55 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
The Early Child Development Program has been developed to provide training for high school students in the field of early childhood education. The preschool program is high school student directed, under the guidance and supervision of the high school child development teacher. Students are provided with instruction in developmentally appropriate practices in accordance with guidelines established by the Montgomery County Public Schools.
The program’s curriculum is appropriate for the year before a child enters kindergarten. Children must be toilet trained. Since many different high school students will be teaching the preschoolers, the program is designed for the pre-kindergarten child who can cope with daily changes and flexible scheduling. Special education services are not provided through this program. Younger children will be considered as space allows.
The Preschool Program is designed to provide an environment where children can develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially. We ensure a warm, loving, kind environment with an exciting and adventuresome atmosphere. We are committed to a safe, healthy environment where learning can take place.
Please email Maureen McEneaney at Maureen_McEneaney@mcpsmd.org or call (301) 593 – 3800 with any questions or to get more details.
- Information letter to parents
- Early Child Development Laboratory Program Application 2019-2020
- Education, Training, and Child Studies Career Cluster Early Child Development Laboratory Procedures (Updated Laboratory Procedures will be handed out at preschool orientation)
- MCPS Tuberculosis Prevention/Management Recommendations
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Immunization Certificate
- Permission to Photo Form
- A list of required vaccinations
- A Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Immunization Form