The John F. Kennedy High School PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is a vibrant and hard-working organization that provides support to students and staff throughout the year. All parents, guardians, students, and staff members are invited to join. Meetings are held monthly, during which we offer valuable information about school operating issues, fundraising, staff appreciation, and much more.
POST PROM COORDINATORS ARE NEEDED! One of the most important tasks of the PTSA is the planning and execution of the annual Post Prom Party. The Post Prom Party is a fun drug- and alcohol-free party at a safe location immediately following the Kennedy Prom. The Post Prom is for all Kennedy seniors and their dates—all seniors are welcome regardless of whether they attend Prom. Activities include game tables, tattoo artists, a photo booth, tables of food, and much more. This event can only be held with the financial support of JFKHS parents and friends. Help the PTSA keep our students safe after the prom—help plan or make a donation! For more information about how to get involved, contact Amie Wohlfarth.
2019-20 Executive Board
The 2019-20 Executive Board will be elected at the first meeting on Tuesday, October 18th. Please see below for the full calendar of meeting dates and presentations.
|Interim President||Amie Wohlfarth|
|Vice President||Joe Jenkins|
|PR and Communications||OPEN|
|NAACP Representation||Anestine LaFond
SECOND POSITION OPEN
|Health Food Chairs||OPEN|
|Post Prom Chairs||OPEN
2019-2020 Meeting Dates
PTSA meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m. This year's meetings will be held on the following dates:
- September 17, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- December 17, 2019
- January 21, 2020
- February 18, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- May 19, 2020
Please check back regularly for current information. These dates were posted here as of August 2019.
PTSA Presentations in Review
Want to know some of the topics the PTSA covers?
We bring you information about:
- MyMCPS Classroom
- College and career readiness
- School safety and security
- Parent information for the senior class
- Projects sponsored by LTI
- Details on SAT Day
- Step Afrika!
- Assemblies on student safety, like awareness of the dangers of drinking and driving
- Post Prom
- Community outreach with the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad, including a car wash fundraiser and the annual Christmas tree sales
- Staff appreciation throughout the year
We participate in:
- Back to School Night
- Family Markets
- Family Night Out events
- Board of Education meetings
- MCCPTA meetings
MANY THANKS to everyone who served on the JFK PTSA Board, multitudes of staff members, and countless student and adult volunteers, all of whom made our efforts possible. The PTSA is run on volunteer power! 2018-19 Board elections will be held in September 2018—please consider joining us! Contact Amie Wohlfarth, PTSA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giant A+ Bucks
Register your Giant Card and earn A+ School Rewards points for Kennedy High School every time you shop. Whether it's books, computers, instruments or sporting goods, the school can use the money earned through A+ School Rewards to buy what we need today and build a better tomorrow. Register your card today on the A+ Rewards page using JFK #00856!
PTSA Meeting Minutes Archive
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the JFK NAACP Rep, Anestine LaFond.
Why Join the PTSA?
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.