MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Mission: The DHS School media center's mission is to foster and encourage lifelong learning and a culture of literacy in a collaborative community, and to provide a variety of diverse materials in different formats and viewpoints, both supporting the curriculum as well as individual growth.
MCPS Student accounts and access, start here.
Students and Parents, need TECH help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (240) 740-7020
Students, forgot your password? Email Catherine_E_Ward@mcpsmd.org
To access YouTube have a parent or guardian fill out this form.
Welcome! We hope that you and your family are well during this time of distance learning. We are here to try and make things a little bit easier by providing support with StudentVue, Parent Vue, myMCPS classroom (Canvas), logins, as well as access to a ton of online resources for research and learning, including ebooks and audio books among other things.
Visit our myMCPS virtual media center site for all the online databases with logins, book recommendatons, and much more. Make sure you are logged into your school Google account to view full content.
Our Destiny Discover catalog is where you can check out ebooks and audiobooks, as well as place books on hold for the Bookmobile.
Another source for ebooks and audio books is Sora. Go to the Sora app and click on Montgomery County Public Schools, find Damascus High School, then sign in with your IDnumber@mcpsmd.org and password and start listening or reading. It's that simple!
Teen Book Cloud offers access to ebooks and audio books without having to put anything on hold! Also no login is required. Check it out!
Audible (from Amazon) now offers a selection of audio books, also with no login and no holds for all grade levels.
Media Center Staff
Feel free to email us with any questions you may have!
Media Specialist: Ms. Ward at Catherine_E_Ward@mcpsmd.org
Media Assistant: Mrs. Wiacek at Kathleen_A_Wiacek@mcpsmd.org
Virtual Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Building Hours: 7:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
IMPORTANT: please make sure you are using CHROME, or a browser other than Internet Edge (IE) to view the resources as many of the following links will not open in IE. If you're at school, simply click on the links below.
You will need the usernames and passwords which can be accessed here via your school google account: DHS Online Resource Usernames and Passwords
- Ancient and Medieval History
- Britannica Academic
- Britannica Annals of American History
- Britannica Escolar (Spanish)
- Britannica Image Quest
- Britannica Japan
- Britannica Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
- Britannica Moderna (Spanish)
- Britannica School: All Levels
- Culture Grams
- Destiny (Library Catalog)
- Discovery Education
- Encyclopedia Universalis
- Encyclopedia Universalis Jr. Online
- Gale Academic One File
- Gale Chilton Library (Auto Repair)
- Gale in Context Middle School
- Gale in Context High School
- Gale General One File
- General One File High School
- Gale One File NEWS
- Gale Opposing Viewpoints
- Gale U.S. History in Context
- Literature E-Book Collection (ABC-CLIO)
- Mackin Ebooks (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
- Mango Languages
- Overdrive ebooks and audio books
- Proquest SIRS Discoverer
- Proquest SIRS Researcher
- Salem Health
- Salem History
- Salem Literature
- Salem Science
- Teaching Books
- Teen Health and Wellness
Please see these updates sent directly from our local Damascus Public Library:
- Digital Library Cards: If someone needs a library card, we offer digital library cards. There is no expiration date at this time, and they can be exchanged for a full service library card when the branches reopen for in-person service (we don't know when this will be). If students have misplaced their cards or forgotten their PIN number, they can phone Damascus Library for assistance (240-773-9444).
- Holds to Go: Our physical buildings remain closed to the public, but we do have staff in the branches! Customers can reserve/place holds on materials online, or call the library for assistance. Once customers get email notification that their holds are ready, they must make an appointment online to pick up their items. The items are checked out to the customer prior to pick-up,so customers simply enter the lobby vestibule at their appointment time to "grab and go". Branch staff are available by phone if customers have questions about that service, or need reader's advisory to help them select materials.
- AskALibrarian: Available to answer customer questions by phone or email.
- E-Books , Audiobooks, and E-Magazines: All you need is a library card to get access!
- Homework Help databases: All you need is a library card to get access!
- Virtual Programs: We have a vibrant, diverse variety of virtual programs for all ages, including upper elementary, middle school, and teens! We also have a wide range of offerings for adults.
- What Do I Check Out Next?: Don't know what to read next? All ages can get personalized recommendations emailed to them from this service.
- Students who participated in the virtual Summer Reading Program can also schedule appointments to pick up their prizes, now through the end of September.