Bannockburn Media Center
- We are open Monday- Friday 9:10 AM - 3:15 PM.
- During our open hours, students may exchange books anytime during the instructional day with teacher permission. Lisa Norris,volunteer coordinator, if you would like to help in the media center. Thank you for any time you give us.
Circulation Policy - Students are encouraged to try a variety of genres of literature including: non fiction, poetry, biographies, mysteries, etc.
|Grade Level||Circulation Type/Limit||Loan Period|
|K-1||1 book in September/ 2 books once student demonstrates responsibility in October||2 weeks|
|2 - 3||1 Fiction /1 Nonfiction Library Material (1 Just Right/1 Free Choice)||2 weeks|
|4 - 5||1 Fiction /1 Nonfiction /1 Free Choice Library Material
(At least 1 Just Right)
- All materials must be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Students who have overdue material may be limited in the number of books he/she can check out until the book is returned.
- All materials can be renewed except Black Eyed Susan Nominees, as these are very popular and students try to read the required # by April to vote for a favorite.
Overdue and Lost Materials Policy
Students are expected to return books by the due date stamped on the back of the library book. There are no overdue fines; however students may be limited until all overdue items have been returned. Students will be responsible for replacing or paying for lost books or books damaged beyond repair. Overdue notices will be sent 2x a year, January and end of May. Please help your child find a consistent and safe place to keep his/her library books at home to prevent damage and loss.
Need to find a book? Click here to log into Destiny. Students and staff have 24/7 access to not only Bannockburn's library materials, but also, once they are logged in, they can create resource lists, receive recommendations, create book reviews, and view their accounts (see what they have checked out and the due dates).
Black Eyed Susan
The 2018-2019 nominees are: (click on the following)
Montgomery County Public Libraries suggested reading lists.
MCPS has a number of online resources for students and their families to use. From online encyclopedias to child friendly databases, these resources are a welcome help to many an inquiry project. Please see Mrs. Norris in the media center for logins and passwords for home access.