Gaithersburg High School promotes success for every student by providing an effective instructional program and educational partnerships. In a mutually respectful environment we celebrate diversity, encourage effort and support students. Students pursue rigorous academic opportunities in order to maximize potential and become self-sustaining members of society. We endorse the idea that the pursuit of excellence is fundamental and eternal.
Approved by Leadership Team, November 9, 2006
developed during Middle States Study
- Every student can be successful.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Every member of the community has something of value to contribute.
- All students have the right to learn in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
- Students should be able to access the resources necessary to be able to compete in every arena.
- Schools should encourage students to become socially responsible adults, while satisfying their intellectual curiosity through challenging and comprehensive curricula.
- An integrated interdisciplinary approach to learning enhances the educational experience and increases students’ achievement and knowledge.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the school, students, teachers, parents and community to give students encouragement and support to plot their pathway for success.
- Exposure to the arts, humanities, and career technology enriches the academic community.
- Attitudes and perceptions affect students’ ability to learn, as well as students’ self-esteem, which is directly related to their success.
- Respect is essential to the success of a society; thus, every individual and culture deserves respect. Diversity is strength.
- Life-long learning is essential for success in a dynamic world.
- Discipline with dignity and consequence creates a healthier school environment
Letters & Information
- E3 Policy
- 04.08.2019 Pesticide Letter
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- GHS Bus Routes (Regular)
- GHS Bur Routes (Departure)
- Asbestos Letter 2019-2020
- Transportation Letter 2018 (English)
- Transportation Letter 2018 (Spanish)
- Radon Report