MCPS to Host Girls' Summit
The district is inviting all MCPS families to the Girls’ Summit on Saturday, Oct. 21 at Clarksburg High School. This event will provide informative workshops geared towards middle and high school girls on a variety of current topics. Join us for a chance to network, participate in fun activities, learn valuable skills and enjoy a fashion show presented by White House Black Market celebrating diverse body types!
Sessions will be provided in English and Spanish, and will be organized by grade level. Student Service Learning (SSL) hours will be available for students. Topics and activities will include:
- Healthy relationships/dating violence
- Social media use and mental health, including cyberbullying
- Identifying symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Healthy eating and body image
- Music therapy, Zumba and Kaiser Permanente spin bikes for art therapy
- Narcan kits will be distributed and training will also be available.