MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Walter Johnson HS
Welcome New Students!
The information posted here is of particular interest to the incoming class of 2022 and other students new to WJ. In addition to this information, make sure to also review information at the following pages available from the links at left:
General Info of Interest
WJ welcomes new students at the New Family Cookout at 6:00 p.m. on August 25th and at the New Student Orientation on August 26th.
- The cookout is free for the entire family and is an excellent way to learn about the many clubs and activities at WJ.
- The orientation provides the opportunity for students to familiarize themselves with WJ through presentations by administrators and staff members and by following class schedules through the building. School buses will operate on orientation day and students who will be riding the bus during the school year are encouraged to take the bus to and from orientation to learn stop locations and departure and arrival times.
Read the NHS letter about the cookout and orientation
Unofficial Guide to The First Year at WJ: This informative publication prepared by the WJ PTSA Counseling Advisory Committee provides useful introductory information about WJ
English | français (French) | español (Spanish) |中文 (Chinese) | Hebrew |
日本語 Japanese | 한국어 (Korean)
Specifics for the Class of 2025
- The Staff Sponsor for the Class of 2025 is TBA.
- An information meeting for freshmen interested in running for class office will be held at the start of the school year. Listen for information on the morning announcements.
- Back-to-School Night will be September 9, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. beginning in your child's 1st period classroom.