WJ Student Parking
Permits to Qualified Seniors
IMPORTANT: WJ parking permits are only valid for one semester and are issued at the start of the first and second semesters.
Eligible students must apply for a permit each semester.
To be eligible to apply for a parking permit WJ students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a senior
- Must not have any outstanding financial obligations
- Must possess a valid drivers license as of application due date
- Must be involved in one of the following: (items below are listed in the order used to rank applications for selection)
- SGA / Class Elected Officer
- WJ Academic (school credit) Internship
- WJ Sponsored After School Activity
Qualified seniors interested in obtaining a parking permit must complete the following steps:
- Click here to open Part I of the Application (MCPS Form 215-6) in a new browser window. Complete as much of MCPS Form 215-6 as possible by typing the information on the web screen and print 1 copy of MCPS Form 215-6 before exiting the browser window. After printing, make sure Part I (MCPS Form 215-6) is dated and includes parent and student signatures.
- Complete the Walter Johnson HS student parking agreement here.
- Copy of student schedule for the semester for which you are applying.
- Make a photocopy of the front of your driver's license.
- Bring the application, the student parking agreement and a copy of the front of your license to room 153 (by the clock entrance) between the dates listed in #1 & #2 in the Application Timeline below. No payment is collected at this time.
- If approved,pay for your permit between the dates listed in #3 & #4 in the Application Timeline below. Pay online or bring a check or money order, payable to WJHS, for $37.50 to the Security Office by 3:00 p.m. on the date listed in #4 in the Application Timeline below. No Cash Accepted. If paying by check, write MCPS student ID number and "student parking" in the memo section of the check. Payment and permit pickup deadline dates are listed in the Application Timeline below.
1st Semester Parking Permit Applications are now available on the WJ Website.
- Applications will be accepted only Monday, January 13, through Friday, January 24, 2020 between 7:30 - 7:45 am and 11:15 - 11:30 am.
- Make sure to bring the application, the student agreement, a copy of your schedule and a copy of the front of your driver's license!
- A list of students receiving a permit will be outside the Security Office (room 137) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
- You can pay for your permit online from Tuesday, January 28- Friday, January 31, 2020.
- Permit fee of $37.50 (Payable by check or money order made out to Walter Johnson HS) is due when the permit is picked up (if you did not pay online.)
- Must pick up permits can be picked up Friday, January 31, 2019, in the Security Office in (room 137) .
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must obey all traffic regulations (no speeding, no driving recklessly, etc).
- Must display valid parking permit when parked on school property.
- May not give or loan a valid parking permit to another student.
- No parking in staff (except student overflow), visitor or disabled parking spaces or the bus loop.
- No unexcused absences in classes.
- No late arrival to first and/or fifth periods
Violation of MCPS rules, regulations or policies may result in the loss of parking permit. (See MCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities)
Parking on school property without a valid permit may result in a $10 parking obligation and towing at owner’s expense.
Students with a valid parking permit must park ONLY in the DESIGNATED STUDENT PARKING AREA. Click to see map . Parking anywhere else on school property may result in a $10 parking obligation and towing at owner’s expense.
Students must not park at the neighboring businesses or neighborhood "No Parking" zones. They have the right to have cars towed at the owner's expense.