WJ Student Parking
Permits for Qualified Seniors
IMPORTANT: WJ parking permits are only valid for one semester and are issued at the start of the first and second semesters.
Eligible students must apply for a permit each semester.
To be eligible to apply for a parking permit WJ students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a senior
- Must not have any outstanding financial obligations
- Must possess a valid drivers license as of application due date
- Must complete all required documents and submit by the due date/deadline
- Must provide valid reason for the request on the application **Parking permits are limited and will be approved in alignment with MCPS policy. Please list the items/reasons on your application form**
Qualified seniors requesting a parking permit must complete and submit the following 3 items:
- Click here to open Part I of the Application (MCPS Form 215-6) in a new browser window. Complete as much of MCPS Form 215-6 as possible by typing the information on the web screen and print 1 copy of MCPS Form 215-6 before exiting the browser window. After printing, make sure Part I (MCPS Form 215-6) is dated and includes parent and student signatures.
- Complete the Walter Johnson HS student parking agreement here.
- Provide a photocopy of the front of your driver's license.
Completed parking permit packets may be submitted to Ms. Dukes in the main office from Friday, January 6 - Friday, January 13, 2023. No payment will be collected at this time.
Students will begin receiving email(s) beginning August 31st indicating application status. If approved, pay for your permit by paying online or bringing a check or money order, payable to WJHS, for $39.00 to Ms. Howard in the main office during lunch by January 23, 2023. If paying by check, write your MCPS student ID number and "student parking" in the memo section of the check. Payments are due by January 23, 2023. Permits must be picked up on January 25 and 26, 2023 during lunch from Ms. Howard, Financial Specialist in the main office.
Violation of MCPS rules, regulations or policies may result in the loss of parking permit. (See MCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities)
Students with a valid parking permit must park ONLY in the DESIGNATED STUDENT PARKING AREA. Click to see map . Parking anywhere else on school property may result in a $10 parking obligation and towing at the owner’s expense.
Students must not park at the neighboring businesses or neighborhood "No Parking" zones. They have the right to have cars towed at the owner's expense.