Parent Technical Support Email:
WJ Student Parking
Permits for Qualified Seniors
IMPORTANT: WJ parking permits are only valid for one semester and are issued at the start of the first and second semesters.
Eligible students must apply for a permit each semester.
To be eligible to apply for a parking permit WJ students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a senior
- Must not have any outstanding financial obligations
- Must possess a valid drivers license as of application due date
- Must complete all required documents and submit by the due date/deadline
- Must provide valid reason for the request on the application **Parking permits are limited and will be approved in alignment with MCPS policy. Please list the items/reasons on your application form**
Qualified seniors requesting a parking permit must complete and submit the following 4 items:
- Click here to open Part I of the Application (MCPS Form 215-6) in a new browser window. Complete as much of MCPS Form 215-6 as possible by typing the information on the web screen and print 1 copy of MCPS Form 215-6 before exiting the browser window. After printing, make sure Part I (MCPS Form 215-6) is dated and includes parent and student signatures.
- Complete the Walter Johnson HS student parking agreement here.
- Provide a copy of the student schedule for the semester you are applying.
- Provide a photocopy of the front of your driver's license.
Completed parking permit packets may be submitted to Ms. Chin in the main office from Wedensday, Aug. 25 - Friday, September 10, 2021. No payment will be collected at this time.
Students will begin receiving email(s) beginning September 14 indicating application status. If approved, pay for your permit by paying online or bringing a check or money order, payable to WJHS, for $37.50 to the Security Office (137) by 3:00 p.m. by September 17. No Cash will be accepted. If paying by check, write MCPS student ID number and "student parking" in the memo section of the check. Payment and permit pickup will conclude September 17.
Violation of MCPS rules, regulations or policies may result in the loss of parking permit. (See MCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities)
Students with a valid parking permit must park ONLY in the DESIGNATED STUDENT PARKING AREA. Click to see map . Parking anywhere else on school property may result in a $10 parking obligation and towing at the owner’s expense.
Students must not park at the neighboring businesses or neighborhood "No Parking" zones. They have the right to have cars towed at the owner's expense.