WJ Pennies 4 Patients
In February WJ participates in this important fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Over the past 10 Years Walter Johnson has raised $448,964.51 for LLS through Pennies 4 Patients, continuously placing in the top 10 nationally! This year's goal is to raise $20K to bring us even closer to the $500,000 mark.
Make an online donation here through February 29th!
Help us reach our online donation goal of $20,000!
- All month long- "Ninja Tag", takes place only during school hours. Ticket sales will take place from January 28th - 31st at the kiosk by the student commons. It will only cost $5 to sign up initially and $3 to buy back at the start of a new round. New rounds start each week at the end of the month there will be one overall winner!
- All month long- "Flocking", watch out for those pesky flamingos on your lawns! If they happen to invade your yard, make sure to follow the directions on your door to get them removed.
- All month - "Teacher Incentive", See your teachers and SGA members do crazy things like get pied in the face, dye their hair green, and potentially get a tattoo if we meet our fundraising goals!
- February 1 - "Winter Carnival" , a fun filled event with lots of games, prizes and food for WJ and our feeder schools. The Carnival will be from 2-6pm in the cafeteria . Cash only tickets for games are 25 cents each and a wristband for inflatables is $10.
- February 6 - "Pong, PPP Tournament", 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria. Come dressed up in a costume with your partner to compete against other pairs in a water pong tournament. The winners of pong will receive 2 free glo tickets and best costume will win a gift card - $10 per pair
- February 8- "Basketball Tournament", 10 minute games, 3 free Glo tickets for the winners, and a chance to go down in Walter Johnson history. Sign up for the first annual Pennies for Patients 3V3 Tournament of Champions! 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. - WJ Gym. $30 per team of 3.
- February 10 - "WJ Bachelor", an annual event held in the auditorium from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. The event consists of Walter Johnson male students getting up on stage and doing a skit or answering questions. Bring money to bid on your favorite bachelor! Entrance to the event will be $5.
- February 12- "Clash of the Classes", a fun and interactive competition between grade levels. Come out for trivia, sports, and prizes like the opportunity to win a free Glo ticket! Starts at 3 p.m. in the Main Gym $5 to watch or play.!
- February 21 - "Glo" , 8:00 -11:00 p.m. in the Main Gym. One of the most anticipated events of the year. This rave-esque dance has student DJs and lots of dancing. Glo almost always sells out as the demand is massive. This year we only have 500 tickets available. Yes, that means that less than 20% of students will be able to get a ticket, so get them as soon as they drop online (Feb. 3rd - flash sale of 50 tickets for Seniors only and Feb.4th - Feb. 10th for all to buy! Cost $30.
- Adult volunteers are needed for check-in, coat check and water station at the dance. Click here to sign-up for a shift: 7:00-11:30 (MVP Shift); 7:00-9:30(Early Shift) or 9:30-11 (Late Shift).
- February 29 - "Burrito Mile", a challenging race where you eat a burrito and then run a mile as fast a s you can! We are accepting runners of all ages who are willing to test their speed and stomach. Are you up for the challenge?? Tilden MS from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. - $5 per spectator $10 per single runner; $25 per relay team.
During Pennies 4 Patients month, many local restaurants support WJ by donating proceeds to the school's fundraising efforts. A list of restaurants and the days they support WJ will be listed here throughout the month of February.
- February 12- Burgerfi, 11:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m. - 7101 Democracy Blvd (Montgomery Mall) Bethesda, MD 20817. Dine-in, take out, catering, and drinks 20% of the proceed donated when you mention WJ Pennies 4 Patients.
- February 16- Ize's, 11:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m. - 4917 Elm Street Bethesda, MD 20814. Dine-in, take out, catering, and drinks 20% of the proceed donated when you mention WJ Pennies 4 Patients.
- February 20- Ledos, 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. 10301 Westlake Drive Bethesda, MD 20817. Dine and carry out 20% of proceeds will be donated when you mention WJ Pennies 4 Patients.
- February 28 - Chipotle, 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. - Georgetown Square Shopping Center, 10400 Old Georgetown Rd., Bethesda, MD 20814. Eat in or carryout and 20% of proceeds will be donated to Pennies 4 Patients from anyone who mentions WJ Pennies 4 Patients when paying at the register.
What Pennies 4 Patients Participation Means to WJ