Walt Whitman High School Parent Teacher Student Association
WELCOME! Whitman’s PTSA is designed to bring parents, teachers and students together to enhance the learning environment at Whitman. We strongly encourage you to play a role in advancing the educational opportunities at our school by getting involved at Whitman and in the PTSA.
Join the PTSA
TOGETHER - we can do VIRTUALLY anything! Please join us. Whitman PTSA membership is now online via AtoZConnect (on both the website and app). Our 2020-2021 annual parent/guardian dues are $25 (half-price this year due to COVID-19). Membership will give you one copy of our printed Whitman Directory and your entire household will get access to our Whitman Directory via the website and app for the whole year. Also, our membership drive funds our dozens of programs, services, and events for YOUR Viking. If you have questions, please email one of our co-VP's of membership: Karen Roman at email@example.com or Kathy Lowy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you - virtually!
Follow these steps to join:
- Go to www.AtoZConnect.com
- Click "LogIn" at the top
- If you know your email address and password, enter your account, choose Whitman, and then you'll see the membership products.
- If you don't know your email address and password, follow these next steps:
- At the bottom of the login screen, click "Don't Have an Account? Signup Now"
- Enter "20817" in the "School Zip Code" field
- Click on "Walt Whitman PTSA"
- Enter your email address that you would like to use for AtoZConnect
- Click "Continue" and follow the prompts
Join us at PTSA Meetings
Please join us for 6 PTSA meetings during the year at 7:00 PM via Zoom.
The first PTSA meeting of the year is Tuesday, September 22, 2020.
Clubs Night for the students is also this night. Other PTSA meetings are on
Oct. 20, 2020, Jan 19, Mar 16, April 20, and May 18, 2021. This year we
will host a general meeting starting at 7 p.m. via Zoom, often followed by a
speaker presenting on a topic of interest to our community
Whether you are available on a regular basis or once a year, there is a
volunteer opportunity for you. Look for more volunteer opportunities posted
on Whitnet throughout the school year or contact one of the PTSA VP’s for
Volunteers, Monique Kadnar (email@example.com) or Lizzie
Sowells (firstname.lastname@example.org). Descriptions of the many programs
the PTSA runs are listed on the Website under “PTSA Quick Links,” PTSA
Committee and Activity Descriptions.
We can’t stress enough the importance of staying up-to-date with what’s happening at Whitman. Downloading the Whitman App and signing up for Whitnet are critical ways for you and your family to remain informed. For more suggestions on staying up-to-date, and instructions on how to join Whitnet, please see the attached handout – “6 Ways to Stay Up-to-Date at Whitman.”
Use the Directory
The Whitman Directory is a great way to keep in touch with staff and other Whitman families. Directory sales support the senior class. When you join the Whitman PTSA your parent membership includes one Whitman Directory. Non-members cannot purchase directories until December.
Refer to the School Calendar
In the “Calendar” on the Whitman website, you’ll find important dates for the entire school year. For your convenience, attached is a Whitman Highlights Calendar for a guide to events by month. Times are subject to change, so please refer to the website to confirm dates and times.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
Nasim Shojaei, PTSA President (email@example.com)
Betsy Dodson, PTSA Executive Vice-President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ACT Presentation
- Choosing the Right College - Michael Gimbel
- Cognitive Distortions
- Coping with Anxiety and Stress Presentation 2014
- Dr. Baler Talk - Teenage Brain
- Dr. Lindsay Scharfstein Teen Anxiety Presentation
- Joan Green Technology Handout
- Managing Stress and Anxiety in Teens (PowerPoint, 2/2019)
- Navigating the College Planning Process, by Shelly Levine
- Program and Classroom Grant
- Practical Advice for Raising Kids in the Digital Age
- Reimbursement Check Request Form
- Students With Accommodations
- Tip Sheets