Registering and Paying for an AP Test
Step one: To register for an AP Exam prior to November 14:
- Login to the AP Classroom
- Choose the Exam you wish to take.
- Pay for the exam by going to http://bit.ly/2narOY0 -- the Online School Payments site. Scroll down to find the exam. Select to purchase.
- Each AP Exam costs $94, plus an online processing fee of 3.75% .
- Payment by Check or Cash: bring funds to Counseling Office, checks made out to Walt Whitman High School.
Exams after ordered after November 15th will incur an additional $40 College Board fee.
Step two: To join an AP course through College Board, follow the steps below.
THE SIGN IN
Sign in to https://myap.collegeboard.org/login using your College Board student login. This is the same login you use to access AP Scores, PSAT scores, or register for the SAT I’S and II’s.
If you don’t have an account, from the link above click on “Create Account” and follow those directions.
TO JOIN A COURSE
Click the Join a Course or Exam button. Make sure you have the Join Code for your AP Class given to you by your Teacher.
SUBMIT YOUR JOIN CODE
Enter the join code your teacher gave you and click Submit.
VERIFY THE COURSE INFORMATION
Make sure the information that comes up is for the course you are taking. If it is, click YES.
FILL OUT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The first time you enroll in an AP course in My AP, you’ll need to fill out some registration information. It is important that ALL of your information is entered accurately and correctly as it appears on your legal record. You MUST register using your full legal name. You will only have to do this once. Please make sure your six-digit MCPS School ID number is entered in the Student Identifier Section. THIS IS A MUST! All necessary demographic information will be printed on your AP Exam answer sheet.
BY NOVEMBER 14th, If Students are committed to taking the AP Exam in May of 2020 they MUST confirm the exam and change their exam Status from UNDECIDED to YES, found on their AP Classroom.
November 14th is the final deadline for ALL courses EXCEPT Macroeconomics, which is our only second semester course. The Exam decision deadline for Macroeconomics will be March 6th 2020. The first Payment of $40 for Macro is due by March 12th. Students in this class will be reminded of this date closer to that time.
PAY for the Exam, see above.
2) ALL FEE WAIVER REQUESTS MUST INCLUDE A SIGNED FEE WAIVER FORM, BY NOVEMBER 14TH. PICK ONE UP IN COUNSELING OR REQUEST ONE VIA EMAIL.
ALL FARMS STUDENTS WILL HAVE FREE EXAMS!!!
3) The EXAM CANCELLATION fee has been increased to $40 by the College Board.
4) STANDBY TESTING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED!!! The College Board will send AP Exams to Whitman per student order. One person’s unused exam CANNOT be given to any other student, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
If you have any questions or concerns contact , William Kapner, Whitman Counseling, 240-740-4820. William_N_Kapner@mcpsmd.org
If you cannot login to your College Board account, call them… 888-225-5427.