How to Enroll in School

How to enroll in MCPS your child in Montgomery County Schools and
proof needed to enroll them.

First, parents or guardians should make an enrollment appointment by calling the Whitman Counseling Office at 301-320-6590. Walt Whitman High School requires the parent and student to come to the enrollment appointment and bring the following:

  • Withdrawal sheet,report cards and final transcript from previous school
  • Medical records
  • Settlement statement, property tax bill, and/or lease agreement
  • Social security number, passport, birth certificate
  • Documentation of a 504 or IEP, if the student has one
  • Documentation necessary for the school for any custody issues