Gifted and Talented Identification Updates
Updates for 2019-2020 can be found here.
Gifted and Talented Identification Updates for 2019-2020 (Updated June, 10, 2020)
Due to the emergency closure of schools ordered by Gov. Larry Hogan there are some changes to the GT Identification process for the 2019-2020 school year. These changes are outlined below.
- Grade 2: GT testing and Identification will be postponed until the 2020-2021 school year.
- Grade 3 and 5: GT testing took place prior to the school closure. For the 2019-2020 school year, identification will be a central office based process.
- If a student was tested for GT identification their parent/guardian will receive a mailed letter in late August which will indicate whether or not the student met the GT Identification criteria.
- If a student did not meet the GT Identification criteria, their parent/guardian may use the link below to request that the student participate in the next opportunity to be rescreened.
- A live link to request rescreening will be available on this page after the letters have been mailed.
- 2020-2021 Instructional recommendations for reading and mathematics were determined by the school as part of the articulation process. Please contact your child's school if you have questions regarding enrichment opportunities.
- If you have any questions about the changes in the GT Identification for 2019-2020 due to school closures, please call AEI at 240-740-3110 and leave a message.
To learn more about the MCPS GT Identification Process and the criteria for GT designation please see: Elementary Gifted and Talented Identification and Instructional Recommendation Process .