PTA - 2022-2023 - find out about PTA activities and ways to become involved.
Westland Cares - A Westland community supported pantry available to Westland families who sign up here.
Westland Cares is a Parent Teacher Association (PTA) initiative that seeks to provide some additional support to students and families in need.
Fast Facts for Parents - Teen Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Welcoming Schools, Regardless of Immigration Status
Prospective Parents Information - All you need to know about Westland in one spot!
Prospective Parents Coffee – During the school year, Ms Serino holds 5 monthly sessions for non-MCPS parents/caregivers who are considering enrolment at Westland. During the coffee school leaders will present information and answer questions about the school and offer a brief tour. Prospective students are also invited to shadow a Westland student for two class periods at the same time as the coffee. The dates of the coffees for 2022-2023 will be:
- October 20
- November 17
- Wednesday, January 11.
- February 16 - Cancelled.
- April 20 - pre-registration link
Pre-registration for coffees is appreciated. Registration links will be added to this website closer to each date.
Course Information and Registration for 2023-2024
Links to informative slide presentations and forms can be found on the main page of the website under NEWS.
5th Grade Information Session - January 18, 2023 - 7 p.m.
- January 18, 2023 at 7 p.m.: WMS will present registration information to parents of 5th grade students in our feeder schools (rising 6th grade students). Topics will include the course registration timeline, elective options, enrichment, and support classes. Spanish interpretation will be available. No registration needed. Location: Westland Cafeteria. (Parallel presentation for Spanish Immersion students in the Media Center). Snow date will be Jan. 24.
- Information sent by ConnectEd via feeder elementary schools.
- Mid-January, 2023: Counselors will visit current grade 6 and grade 7 Investigative Science classes to discuss the registration process.
January TBD: Registration opens; ends Jan. 27
- The “Course Request” tab on Student VUE will become active for students to review their courses for next year and make class requests for select areas.
- 2023-2024 Westland M.S. Course Booklet (Coming soon.)
- PDF version of Westland MS Course Booklet 2023-2024 (Coming soon.)
- Tuesday, January 10- BCC HS Counselors Visit 8th Graders for Course Registration (Snow date 1/13) via their WMS Investigative Science classes.
- Thursday, January 19- BCC HS Course Registration Mtg, 7 PM; an optional Q&A session will take place from 7:00 - 8:30 PM at B-CC.
- Thursday, January 26 - BCC HS Counselors Return to Visit 8th graders
- MCPS High School Course Bulletin