MYP Progress Report: What is the MYP Progress Report all about?
The Middle Years Programme at Westland:
The IB learner profile attributes are frequently used in every class and situation at Westland Middle School. Here are the IB Learner Profile Attributes as described by students in the 6th Grade MYP rotation.
• addresses students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being through classroom instruction and the school-wide focus on the Learner Profile attributes of being Open-Minded, Knowledgeable, Reflective, Balanced, Principled, Caring, Communicators, Thinkers, Risk-Takers, and Inquirers.
• enables students to understand and manage the complexities of our world, and provides them with the skills and attitudes they need in order to take responsible action for the future.
• ensures breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding through the study of eight subject areas (Language and Literature, Language Acquisition, Mathematics, Sciences, Humanities (Individuals and Societies) , Arts, Design, and Physical and Health Education)
• requires the study of at least two languages to support students in understanding their own culture and that of others.
• provides students with a real world opportunity to interview with a member of the local community. (Students are required to present their portfolio of work, reflect on their community service, and discuss their growth over the course of their middle school experience.)
Monthly MYP News
September 2018 - What Makes Westland an IB World School?