After School Activities at Westland 2022-2023
The school day ends at 3:00 pm, but there's still plenty going on at Westland after hours! Westland has a variety of after school activities ranging from classes and clubs, intramural sports, interscholastic sports, and school plays and musicals. Please read ALL the information below for specifics about our after school activities. After school activities that run until 4:30 pm are also supported with transportation. There are activity buses on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - click HERE for the activity bus stops and the yearly schedule for when the buses will run. In addition, the sports bus runs whenever an interscholastic team has tryouts. Please Note: All students who would like to participate in any extracurricular activity, after school, must complete and submit the MCPS COVID-19 ECA student participation form.
Click here to sign the MCPS COVID-19 ECA student participation form.
Enrichment Academies, Inc. (EAI)
EAI runs three 8 week sessions each year (fall, winter and spring). EAI provides an online catalog through the Westland PTA Memberhub listserve and our own website a week prior to the start of registration for each session. Limited paper copies of the catalog are available in the school and counseling offices.
The SPRING 2023 Enrichment Academy Catalog is HERE.
Click here for an informative FAQ document about catalogs, registration, fees and important dates. Families may inquire about scholarship funding in the EAI registration process.
Click here to register for the EAI After School Clubs.
FREE School-Sponsored Activities
- Open to ALL 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Students; no registration necessary.
- Activities run from 3:10 – 4:30
- All participants ride MCPS activity buses home OR have their own transportation.
- After school activity buses will begin running mid-September, 2022. Buses will depart Westland at 4:35.
- Buses will run most weeks Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until mid-May, 2023; except on holidays and early release days.
- Y'all Come Sing! - Regular Meeting Day: Tuesdays, in Room 131; sponsored by Ms. Gover. An after school choir for whoever wants to be there! We will sing all types of choir music, no audition necessary!
- Book Wars Club - Regular Meeting Day: Wednesdays in Room 130 Media Center; starting in October; sponsored by Ms. Grant and Ms. Johns
- Board Games - Regular Meeting Day: Wednesdays; Room 226; starting October 12; sponsored by Ms. Howells; Friendly games and fun - as easy as Connect 4 or as challenging as Chess. Also great boardgames likes Codenames, Ticket to Ride or your favorites that can be played in about an hour.
- Jazz Band - Regular Meeting Day: Wednesdays; starting October 26; Room 133; sponsored by Ms. Licare
- Westland Yearbook Club - starting in November! Mr. Johnson is the sponsor.
- Westland Drama Club - Led by teaching artists from Round House Theatre, Westland Drama Club will focus on having fun while exploring basic theatrical skills including acting, movement, and improvisation. We will play games, create collaboratively, and explore the art form of theatre. Drama club is open to all students, who may sign up for one day a week, or two. Students interested in auditioning for the Westland Spring Show are highly encouraged to participate in drama club this winter to get warmed up and ready to audition for the spring show! This club will meet on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the cafeteria starting November 2 & 3, 2022. Sign up HERE.
- SAGA (Sexuality And Gender Acceptance) CLUB - Regular Meeting Day: Thursdays, starting Sept. 22 in Room 210; sponsored by Ms. Lepard and Ms. Licare
- Student Service Learning (SSL) Club (Nov. 10 - Jan. 26) - Regular Meeting Day: Thursdays in room 129 sponsored by Ms. Prokos
More Info Coming Soon...
- Intramurals - Soccer Club: TBD; Coordinated by Ms. Deandreis
- SGA - Student Government Association - Regular Meeting Day TBD; Room 209; sponsored by Mr. Maclay. An elected group of student representatives who help to organize school events, bring student issues to school leadership, and provide a student voice in school matters. Elections will be held early in the fall 2022.
- Westland Scholars - Regular Meeting Day TBD; Room TBD; sponsored by Ms. Myrie
- Drama Production - typically runs in the spring, 2023