Kindergarten registration is now open for children who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2020. MCPS’ kindergarten program is widely recognized as among the best in the nation, with students making excellent progress toward the district’s reading and mathematics goals. We believe our youngest learners should receive a rich and well-rounded early learning experience to prepare them to be successful, productive 21st century citizens. MCPS has launched a new online registration/enrollment process to support families who wish to enroll their children. Families can complete the process in three ways:
- Online, starting with this Registration Survey
- Over the phone by calling 240-740-5999
- By paper forms. Complete the Registration Survey or call 240-740-5999 to request forms be mailed to your home.
While State Schools Superintendent Karen Salmon has directed local school districts to make contingency plans for reopening in the fall, we are planning for your children to be with us. If you are uncertain about your plans for the fall, but will likely send your child when school opens, please enroll him or her now. Details on kindergarten orientation, as well as plans for the upcoming school year, will be shared in the coming weeks. Families that have received the registration materials are asked to complete the forms and submit them as soon as possible.
Enrollment is completed at your local school. To verify your assigned "home" school go to the School Assignment Locator
Student Birth Certificate or Passport
Proof of Residency
Additional information can be found at MCPS Quick Guide to Enrollment
Please complete the following forms. You can download them here or get copies from our main office:
- New Student Information Sheet
- Prekindergarten Experience (new kindergarten students only)
- Student Emergency Information
- Reunification Form
- Health Inventory Form
- Immunization Requirements
- Immunization Certificate
- Dental Health Form
- Lead Certification (Lead Cover Letter)
- Authorization to Administer Prescribed Medication
Other Enrollment Documents (optional)
- Application for Early Entrance to Kindergarten
- Elementary Immersion Interest Form
- Change of School Assignment (COSA)
- Shared Housing Disclosure
If you are coming from outside the United States, please contact Residency and International Admissions at 301-230-0686.
Click here to access additional enrollment information on the MCPS website.