Academy of Finance
Provides powerful tools and knowledge that students will use every day in their adult life, both professionally and personally. First, paralleling the normal academic track, it is an elective course of study that teaches students how to build and protect wealth, save, invest, manage financial assets and understand money. Regardless of career choice, the principles and knowledge learned will be used to protect personal wealth and build stability. While most of us had to experience some hard knocks along our financial way, AOF students are provided with the keys to understanding personal financial management techniques which can lead to financial security. Doctor, lawyer, business person, researcher, teacher.....when it comes to our financial well being, we are all looking to do the right thing.
Led by the efforts of Sanford I. Weill, Chairman of Citigroup, the Academy of Finance was founded to respond to the unique employment demands of the rapidly expanding financial services industry and to prepare students for viable and rewarding careers. The Academy works toward enriching the resources and opportunities available to high school students.
More Benefits of The Academy of Finance
- Six - eight week paid, meaningful business internships providing real world experiences
- Exposure to modern technology
- Participation in Job Shadowing Programs
- Annual field trips
- Participation in the Stock Market Game
- Development of advanced communication skills
- A solid academic background experience for those who might want to pursue a career in the financial management industry
- Recognition by College Admissions Offices
Who is in the Academy?
- Student athletes from many of our sports programs
- Student Council leaders and school club members
- Members of the Band or Cheerleading Squad
- College bound students
...But most of all they are just like you, students who want to take courses that will really help them through life.
- Principles of Finance
- Applied Finance
- International Finance
- Financial Planning
- Banking and Credit