Despite the school closure, the Wellness Center Staff are available and ready to help.
For the Health Center:
If there is an emergency, call 911.
For Wellness Center members, you may reach out to the nurse practitioner, Cathleen Shannon CPNP for minor medical concerns, questions or refill of medications:
Monday through Friday from 9AM until 4PM
For Care for Kids clients: please note the back-up medical clinic has changed
FROM: All Day Medical in Gaithersburg
TO: Holy Cross Health Center in Germantown
12800 Middlebrook Rd, Ste 206
Germantown, Maryland 20874
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM -4:30PM
Here are some important links to stay well:
1) How to Wash your Hands Correctly and Why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEzJ_QKjT14
2) How to Properly Use Face Masks: https://extension.psu.edu/cloth-mask-use-and-removal?fbclid=IwAR3JCcFfhRTPKzEK9rZFxzwLefSfSIInNgfX-GZrYkYzRMoumc7DN7cZ-38
2) How to make a No-Sew Face Mask:
In English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51YroAFPds
(en Espanol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e3q-wjKFI
2) Montgomery County COVID Information:
On Twitter: @MontgomeryCoMD;
On the Internet: https://montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/Coronavirus-resources.html
3) COVID Information for Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
(or en Espanol at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/index-sp.html)
4) Need help with food, housing, transportation? Try AuntBertha.Com (in English and en Espanol)
5) Stressing out? Get info here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html (or in Spanish: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/communication/index-sp.html)
Wellness Center 240-406-1540
The Watkins Mill High School Wellness Center envisions students healthy in body, mind, and spirit fully committed to high academic achievement models of leadership, strength, and success.
The Watkins Mill High School Wellness Center is committed to helping students in the school community reach their full potential by offering coordinated medical care, quality counseling, positive youth development, and health education experiences in a confidential and culturally sensitive manner.
OurStudent Health Services:
The Watkins Mill High School Wellness Center offers easily accessible onsite health services at no cost to all students that attend Watkins Mill High School. Services include diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems, sports physicals, comprehensive physical exams, immunizations, lab services, confidential health counseling, health education, assistance with health insurance and community health care resources and case management. The health services team includes a nurse practitioner, pediatrician, registered nurse, mental health counselor, youth development counselors, and certified nursing assistants. The Watkins Mill High School Wellness Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 6:00pm.
Please stop by anytime to find out about the many resources available to you and your family!
Mental Health Services
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
- Group counseling
- Crisis intervention
After-School Youth Groups
- Encourage healthy development
- Promote leadership, self-esteem, communication skills, goal setting, positive relationships, and substance abuse education.
Case Management Services (Individual & Family)
- Legal Services
- Sexual health resources
- Food resources
- Family outreach
- Clothing referrals
- Child care resources
- Educational and Employment resources
- Insurance application/issues
- Eviction/homeless/housing issues
- Financial resources
If you are a Watkins Mill High School student or the parent of a Watkins Mill High School student,
Please register with us today!
Complete one of our registration packets and get plugged in with our services!
GetPhysicals for FALL SPORTS!!! Must be a member of the Wellness Center.
Key Contacts for more information
Nancy Caruso, RN/BSN/SCHN
School Community Health Nurse