School Counseling Department

Resources for Planning your Courses at WMHS


8th Grade Parent Night (for parents of rising freshmen coming to WMHS)

If you were unable to join the virtual 8th grade parent night webinar, please view the recorded presentation here.


MCPS School Counselors PSA

Paul Young, Resource Counselor   301-284-4420


To know individual students so we can counsel/advocate for their personal, emotional, social, & academic growth in order to help them achieve their full potential in all aspects of life.

Important links: 

College Tracks

Schedule Change Request Form

Schedule a Counseling Appointment

myMCPS Portal

College Courses / Dual Enrollment and Early College Access Programs

Earn $$$ for COLLEGE by excelling at The Mill! Raise.Me


Naviance / Family Connection

 (User Name and Password = ID #) 



 Mr. Michael Ryan, Counselor

A - Car

 Mr. Paul YoungResource Counselor 

Cas - Del

 Ms. Lisa Estwick, Counselor

Dem - Gan

 Ms. Krista Jiron, Counselor

Gao - Kin

 Ms. Jessica Salomon, Counselor

Kio - Nac

 Mr. Kevin Horkan, Counselor

Nad - Sam

 Ms. Tammy Wojtyna, Counselor

San - Z

 Ms. Lulu Fetzer-Munoz, Counselor (Mon. Tue. & Thur.)


Counselors are assigned to students alphabetically, not by grade level. 



 Ms. Ana Taffo, Registrar

 Ms. Sarah Kessler, College/Career Coordinator

 Ms. Maria Aliaga,  Department Secretary

 Ms. Carol Barr, Para-educator, College Documents Coordinator 

 Ms. Sandra Woods, Parent Community Coordinator

 Ms. Jennifer McCarron, Pupil Personnel Worker, PPW

 Ms. Margo Neff, School Psychologist

 Ms. Maria Abasi, ACES Academic Coach - 301-284-4424

 Ms. Courtney Riley, CollegeTracks - 301-284-4447


Applying to College??? Find Important Documents Below. 

Please give your completed forms to Ms. Carol Barr (para-educator in counseling) or Ms. Ana Taffo (Registrar) in the counseling office.

FREE SAT, ACT, Accuplacer Support

Do you want to play a sport in College? Visit the NCAA Eligibility Center

NCAA Eligibility Center

Classes Offered at Watkins Mill High School 

Program Completer Options  

Achieving Collegiate Excellence & Success (ACES)

College Tracks

Student Service Learning Hours (SSL) - 75 Hours Required for Graduation - please check with your counselor as the requirements may have changed during COVID 19.


Forms require a parent signature in order to be processed. All signed forms should be returned to the counseling office and students will be called down to the counseling office in order of request. Students must follow their assigned schedules until their counselor makes adjustments and notifies them of their change. Remember, there are limited seats available in most classes, so please keep that in mind. Please be patient and communicate with your counselor.  Counselors will not make changes during the first week of school unless there is an obvious mistake.


Education Verification 

If you are requesting an education verification please fax your request to 301-840-3974, attention Mrs. Brown, and include an electronic student signature.  Please allow a turn around time of 3 - 5 days.


Requesting an Official Transcript

Former students in need of an official transcript should please email Ana Taffo (Registrar) or Maria Aliaga (Counseling Secretary).  Please include the student’s name, ID number (if available) date of birth, year of Graduation, and the number of official transcripts being requested.  Each official transcript is $3.00 and needs to be paid in cash as credit cards are not accepted.  Payment may be made in the Registrar’s Office between the hours of 7:00 AM-3:00 PM, Monday-Friday.  Please call our office with unique requests. 


Enrollment or Change of Residence

The following documents are needed for enrollment

Parent photo ID (government issued)

  • Lease or Property Tax bill
  • Students' immunizations
  • Student's Birth Certificate
  • Previous school records
  • Social Security Card (Student)
  • Copy of complete IEP (if applicable)

Change of Residency Requires Proof from the Parents

Acceptable proof is:

  • If homeowner, copy of current property tax bill OR settlement sheet
  • If renter, copy of current lease
  • If living in shared housing, notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared housing Disclosure and either a copy of the current property tax bill of the homeowner OR copy of lease of renter with whom student AND parent are living AND other supporting documents as listed above.
  • Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete MCPS form 335-73: Determination of Residency and Tuition Status and contact School Counseling, Residency, and International Admission at 301-230-0686.
  • Students and parents will not receive any school mailings such as report cards, bus routes, principal’s letters, newsletters, schedules, etc. until your new address has been verified.


Work Permit Directions