Virtual Academy Accepting Applications for the 2022-2023 School Year
The Montgomery Virtual Academy, a full-time virtual learning program for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12, is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year. Students interested in the program are required to apply for admission and must be approved to participate. (Students currently enrolled in the Virtual Academy do not need to reapply). Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis. Application reviews will begin March 1 for initial enrollment and staffing purposes.
Students who have never attended the Virtual Academy, OR who did not finish the year at the Virtual Academy in June 2022 must submit an application through ParentVUE as early as possible. The Virtual Academy will send acceptance notifications to new enrollees in August 2022.
Please note: To avoid marked absences, students must attend their home school until they receive an acceptance email, a class schedule, and a start date from the Virtual Academy.
The Virtual Academy serves students in a comprehensive, full-time online instructional program. The program will continue to expand its infrastructure and services, innovative instructional approaches and flexible options to access coursework, particularly for high school students.
Admission considerations include:
- For elementary school students: Primarily for students with extenuating circumstances related to health or other reasons that can be mitigated through a virtual learning program.
- For middle and high school students: For students to gain access to innovative courses, flexible scheduling and specialty courses that may not be available in all schools, and for students with extenuating circumstances, including health and other reasons, that can be mitigated through a virtual program.
Applications can be submitted through ParentVUE
If you need assistance with ParentVue please contact-
K-5th Grade: Adela_S_Jimenez@mcpsmd.org
6th-12th Grade: Shelley_S_Steward@mcpsmd.org
Note for Rising Kindergarteners
Students who will be kindergartners in the 2022–2023 school year must register at their home school prior to applying to the Virtual Academy. To receive a student ID number, contact your local neighborhood elementary school to schedule an appointment. Application reviews for kindergarten students will begin May 1.
How to Apply to the Virtual Academy
Apply to the Virtual Academy through your ParentVUE account.
- Log in to ParentVUE by clicking the link below and complete a Virtual Academy application for the 2022-23 school year:
- Click on the link to go to the log in: Parentvue Login
- Click “I’m a parent”
- Sign in using the password you created when you set up your ParentVUE account. If do not have your password, create a new one by clicking on “Forgot My Password”.
- Click “Online Registration” (at the top of the page)
- Click on the down arrow to see the Registration “drop down” list
- Click on “2022-2023 Virtual Academy”
- Click on “Begin Registration”
- Fill in your information and click on “Submit” to send your application.