Montgomery Virtual Academy Application Information
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is already planning for the start of the upcoming school year 2023 – 2024, including the Montgomery Virtual Academy (MVA). The MVA is part of the continuum of digital learning opportunities offered to students and part of the choice programs in MCPS.
The primary focus of the MVA is to foster a safe, inclusive online learning environment that meets the individual needs of all students in an academic setting where staff know their students' interests, and want to see them excel as learners. The program includes the following highlights:
- Traditional general education course offerings
- Accelerated and honors courses
- Clubs and extracurricular activities
- Engagement, support, quality content, and live instructional experiences where students can take advantage of expanded learning opportunities and experiences
Additionally, the MVA provides a unique opportunity for working high school students, those pursuing other out of school options, and those who want to take accelerated and advanced courses that may not be available in their home school.
Like all other choice programs, students will apply through ParentVue for a fixed number of seats in MVA. The open application period will begin on January 5, 2023 and run through February 2, 2023. Please access the MVA Application Link to apply.
Other Digital Learning Opportunities
For students that require a digital learning opportunity due to physical or emotional conditions that prevent them from accessing instruction at their school of enrollment, MCPS has the Interim Instructional Services.
Additionally MCPS offers the Online Pathways to Graduation programs, for students needing to access required graduation coursework.
For more information on these programs, please visit:
MCPS offers a full continuum of digital learning opportunities, including the MVA, Interim Instructional Services and Online Pathways. For more information, please click here.
Applications can be submitted through ParentVUE
How to Apply to the Virtual Academy
Apply to the Virtual Academy through your ParentVUE account.
- Log in to ParentVUE by clicking the link below and complete a Virtual Academy application for the 2023-24 school year:
- Click on the link to go to the log in: Parentvue Login
- Click “I’m a parent”
- Sign in using the password you created when you set up your ParentVUE account. If do not have your password, create a new one by clicking on “Forgot My Password”.
- Click “Online Registration” (at the top of the page)
- Click on the down arrow to see the Registration “drop down” list
- Click on “2023-2024 Virtual Academy”
- Click on “Begin Registration”
- Fill in your information and click on “Submit” to send your application
The Montgomery Virtual Academy will serve students in Grade 1-12 for the 2023-2024 school year. Students who will be in prekindergarten or kindergarten must enroll at their home school.
If you need assistance with ParentVue please contact-
K-5th Grade: Elsis_T_Canales@mcpsmd.org
6th-12th Grade: Shelley_S_Steward@mcpsmd.org