About Our School
Travilah Elementary School students, staff, parents, and community are committed to creating a 21st century educational setting that results in high academic achievement and continuous growth to prepare our students to be college and career ready for a global society as defined in our Baldrige Guided School Improvement Plan and Data.
We will work to realize our vision through an emphasis on critical and creative thinking skills, high expectations, mutual respect, and open communication. The Travilah Expectations will be modeled and honored by students, staff, and the school community.
The expectations for students are:
My school, my family and I expect me to be the best person I can be today. I will live these expectations by:
- Being kind in what I say and do.
- Being honest and making good choices.
- Following school rules and being a good friend.
- Taking responsibility for myself and my learning.
The expectations for staff are:
We will support all children in meeting the student expectations. We will consistently do this by:
- Being kind and supportive in what we say and do.
- Making well-informed decisions and choices that put children’s best interests first.
- Supporting the school’s vision and mission by creating a positive learning environment that promotes high standards for all children.
- Continuously improving our teaching skills and strategies that enable us to help students to take responsibility for themselves and their learning.
The expectations for the community are:
We will support the students and staff in achieving the vision of the school. We will do this by:
- Being respectful, supportive and kind in our interactions with others.
- Staying informed and actively involved in the decisions that affect our children.
- Providing a learning environment in the home that enhances and supports the school’s vision and mission.
- Encouraging and supporting our children's abilities and efforts to be responsible for themselves and their learning.
Maryland School Guide
Travilah is part of the Wootton Cluster, which includes the following schools:
- Thomas S. Wootton High School
- Robert Frost Middle School
- Cold Spring Elementary
- Dufief Elementary
- Fallsmead Elementary
- Lakewood Elementary
- Stone Mill Elementary
- Travilah Elementary
- Wootton Cluster Facebook Group Page
9:05 – Outside line up begins.
9:15 – Students enter classrooms.
9:25 – Tardy bell rings.
11:40 – 1:35 Lunch and Recess periods scheduled.
3:50 – Dismissal begins
National Green Ribbon School
History of Travilah