The Tilden Middle School Parent Student Teacher Association (PTSA) is run by parent volunteers with a focus on supporting the students, staff, and families of Tilden Middle School. The Tilden PTSA is affiliated with the Montgomery County Coalition of PTAs (MCCPTA) (https://www.mccpta.org/), the Maryland - Free State PTA (https://www.fspta.org/ ), and the national PTA (https://www.pta.org/), all of which advocate for students, families and schools.
Tilden PTSA Meetings
Tilden PTSA meetings are a great way to meet other parents and feature speakers on topics of interest to Tilden families.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 7:00 PM - Update on school and PTSA activities
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 7:00 PM - New family welcome and program (note that this a Wednesday night meeting instead of a Tuesday meeting due to Election Day on Nov 8)
- Tuesday, January 10, 2023 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 14, 2023 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023 7:00 PM - Volunteer appreciation and new officer elections
Tilden PTSA Events
Mark your calendar for these great events. More details on each event will be sent through the school and PTSA distribution lists. Check back regularly for new events.
- Back to School Picnic - Thursday, August 25, 2022 5:30 to 7:30 PM
- Restaurant Night Fundraiser at Chipotle - Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:00 to 8:00 PM (Pike and Rose - 11802 Rockville Pike, at the restaurant or order in advance for pick up with code QR2LRVE)
- Scholastic Fall Book Fair - October 2022
- Tilden Day of Caring - Tuesday, November 22, 2022
- Tilden Skate Night at Cabin John Ice Rink - Saturday, February 11, 2023 6:30 - 8:00 PM (10610 Westlake Drive)
- Scholastic Spring Book Fair - April/May 2023
- 8th Grade Celebration - June 2023
Tilden PTSA collects membership dues and donations from Tilden families to support programs for students, staff, and families. Tilden PTSA does not fundraise – our only support is your local membership dues and contributions. The membership levels represent dues plus additional contributions to the PTSA. Contributions in excess of local membership dues are tax deductible. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Note: If you would like to join the PTSA and dues are a hardship, please pay what you can.
2022-2023 Executive Board
- President - Julie Merberg
- Vice President - Nikki Boisture
- Vice President - Anne Mandeville
- Secretary - Kelly Oskvig
- Treasurer - Heather Down
- MCCCPTA Representative - Gail Silberglied
- MCCCPTA Representative - Heather Bruskin
- Cluster Representative - Dorigen Hofmann
- Cluster Representative - Orianna Helms
Contact us at TildenPTSA@gmail.com
Stay Informed and in Touch
Subscribe to the Tilden Middle School Listserv by sending an email to TildenMSemail@example.com The listserv is a great place for parents to share information, ask questions, and engage in discussions.
Tilden families can access the student directory at https://tildenmsptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/
Retail Incentive Programs
There are so many ways that your everyday purchases can help the PTSA. Check out these retail incentive programs.
- Amazon Smile - Instead of shopping on the regular Amazon.com, go through Smile.Amazon.com. The only difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the PTSA. Make sure to designate Tilden Middle School PTSA as your charity. Once you have chosen your charity, you can also now use AmazonSmile on your mobile device! It's super easy to set up: 1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. 2. Choose "Settings" in the main menu (☰). 3. Choose "AmazonSmile" and follow the on-screen directions to turn it on.
- Harris Teeter's Together in Education Program will donate a percentage of a customer’s purchases if they link their Harris Teeter VIC card to Tilden Middle School. Parents, grandparents, and anyone who wants to support our school can designate Tilden to receive funds. ALL VIC cards must be Re-Linked yearly. To link your card, simply tell the cashier (during check-out) that you want Tilden’s account number (7621) linked to your Harris Teeter VIC card or log onto your account on the Harris Teeter website.
- Boxtops for Education - the General Mills Boxtops for Education no longer requires cutting and sending box tops to school. To earn credit for Tilden for your grocery purchases, all you need is your phone! To participate: download the Box Tops app, select Tilden as your school and scan your receipt when you purchase products from Pillsbury, Cheerios, Yoplait, Annie’s, Old El Paso, Cascadian Farms, and Lysol. Funds generated go directly to Tilden to support student programs.