2020 Somerset Summer Programs
Dear Somerset Families,
As a result of the evolving circumstances associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, MCPS elementary, middle, and high schools will offer a variety of summer program experiences in an online model. The goal of these programs will be to maximize student engagement during the summer months, address learning recovery, and offer engaging opportunities that are of interest to students. Somerset Elementary School is offering a summer program, focused on reading, writing, mathematics and enrichment. We are very excited to be offering these programs to our families. This program is for all of our students entering Grades 1-5 in August 2020.
The classes are scheduled from July 13 through July 31, 2020. This three-week program will provide challenging learning experiences that will motivate students in a way that brings excitement to their learning. It is recommended that your child attend all days of the sessions they sign up for.
Our summer program offers an online learning environment for your children that makes this a “not-to-be-missed” opportunity. Please click HERE to review the program brochure.
These programs are available for no cost to all families attending Somerset ES. Please click HERE to review our program guide:
- All Somerset students entering Grades 1–5 can attend.
- Students can register for up to 3 courses.
- Students can engage in literacy and mathematics using the Benchmark Advance and Eureka curricula.
- Additionally Somerset is offering unique, enrichment programs that match student interest in the areas of STEM, fine arts, literacy, and wellness.
- Sessions depend on enrollment and will be cancelled if not fully enrolled.
Please complete the Google Registration Form link HERE by June 28, 2020. A form needs to be completed for each child in your household that is participating in the summer program. If you have any questions regarding the summer program, please do not hesitate to email me at Maureen_C_Turner@mcpsmd.org.
We look forward to including your child in this exciting and unique opportunity.