Spring MAP Testing Information
MAP Testing this week
Testing will begin promptly at 12:30 p.m.. Test end times will vary based on student need. Open teacher check ins will take place from 10:15-11:15 to allow for instructional support with teachers. Because we are giving these assessments virtually, there will be additional information you and your child will need regarding what to expect the day of testing, logging in, and what to do in case of technical difficulties.
Please refer to the NWEA site for a host of resources regarding all aspects of MAP-R and MAP-M; https://www.nwea.org/the-map-suite/common-questions-families/
In the meantime, you can assist your child in two ways.
First, please ensure your child attends both days of testing, is rested, and is ready to focus.
Second, ensure a positive testing environment by completing the following tasks as soon as possible.
- Make sure your child’s device has an internet connection.
- If your child is taking the assessment on a personal device, disable pop-up blocking on your internet browser. MCPS Chromebooks have this feature disabled already.
- If your child is taking the assessment on a personal device, make sure it meets the testing requirements using the Workstation Diagnostic Tool from NWEA, https://check.nwea.org/ MCPS Chromebooks already meet the testing requirements.
- Here are some parent resources regarding MAP testing:
- The Parent Toolkit - The online home for parents interested in learning more about MAP Growth
- The Family Guide (available in several languages here) which includes:
- An overview of MAP Growth.
- An explanation of the purpose and design of MAP Growth.
- An introduction to the RIT score and how the assessment results are used
Thank you for your support!