Parent Resource Room
Sargent Shriver has a Parent Resource Room run by Ms. Sharon Perez, Community School Liaison and Ms. Mirna Medrano-Romero, Parent Community Coordinator. This is a great place for parents to start.
Every month we will be hosting a Parent Coffee. The purpose of the coffee is to provide ALL parents with resources and information about relevant topics that will have a positive impact on your student’s academic success. This an awesome opportunity for you to come out ask questions and get a chance to chat with some of the staff here at Shriver. We welcome ALL parents and hope to see you at the upcoming Parent Coffee.
Please contact Sharon Perez at 240.740.6330 for more information. You can also email her:
Below you will find ESOL information, Special Ed information, MCPS Resources, translation sites, and homework help.
Title I Resources
Special Education/Gifted and Talented
Maryland and MCPS Resources
- MCPS Parents- A collection of resources by and about MCPS: News, resources, and links
- Quick Notes - Offers the Newsletter is 6 different languages
- Navigating the System - A parents guide to MCPS
- MCPS Curriculum
- Elementary Instruction and Achievement (this includes the curriculum for all elementary grade levels in all subjects as well as the Voluntary State Curriculum)
- County Mathematics Newsletter
- Community Forums
- Maryland Parental Information Resource Center (in English and Spanish)