Parent Technical Support Email:
SVHS Student Service Learning (SSL) Coordinator
- Ellen Fellows - Ellen_P_Fellows@mcpsmd.org
- Office Phone: (240) 740-6429
How to Submit SSL Hours at SVHS
- Ensure your activity has been pre-approved.
- Complete MCPS Form 560-51 in it's entirety, including all required signatures!
- Once form 560-51 is complete, please turn into the Counseling Office (Room 2210) or email to Ms. Fellows: Ellen_P_Fellows@mcpsmd.org
- When sending via email, please include "SSL Form" in the subject line
Please note: Hours are updated regularly. Students should be able to view their updated number of hours by the end of each grading period.
Attention Seniors! Do You Need SSL Hours to Graduate??
- Seniors, if you still need 20 or more SSL hours to graduate, please fill out and submit your plan on how you will complete your hours using the form on the link below.
SVHS SSL Opportunities Page
- Click here to see our SSL Page created by Mrs. Fellows to see the latest SSL Opportunities at SVHS.
Please note: Check this page periodically as Mrs. Fellows updates this resource regularly.
2021-2022 MCPS SSL Awards Information
Middle school and high school students should continue earning SSL hours towards their SSL graduation requirement by engaging in SSL opportunities during the 2021-2022 school year, including traditional in-person opportunities and select virtual/remote opportunities that follow the temporarily amended guidelines posted on the MCPS SSL webpage (www.mcps-ssl.org).
Please refer to important information about the MCPS SSL Awards that middle school and high school students are eligible to earn and the requirements for these awards provided below:
- Any high school senior who has submitted documentation to show the completion of 240 SSL hours or more by April 1, 2022, will earn the Certificate of Meritorious Service along with a purple tassel for graduation. This award requirement has been prorated to account for the period of time during which school buildings were closed.
- Any middle school student who has submitted documentation to show the completion of the 75-hour SSL graduation requirement (for the first time in middle school) by April 1, 2022, will receive the Superintendent’s SSL Award.
The required deadline for all documentation that qualifies seniors for the Certificate of Meritorious Service and middle school students for the Superintendent’s SSL Award is April 1, 2022.
All SSL forms (MCPS Form 560-51: Student Service Learning Activity Verification form - https://bit.ly/SSLReflection) should be emailed or turned in to the school’s SSL coordinator by the required deadline of April 1, 2022, to be considered for these awards.
MCPS SSL Information & Resources
- MCPS Student Service Learning (SSL) Main Page - Information, Forms, & More
- SSL Forms, Guidelines and Resources
- SSL Opportunities
- SSL Guidelines for Students
- Program Overview
- How to check your SSL hours on Student/Parent Vue