Visit the following websites for the latest information regarding Dual Enrollment:
- Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) Dual Enrollment Website
- Montgomery College (MC) Dual Enrollment Website
The Dual Enrollment program is a partnership between Montgomery College (MC) and Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) that began in 2002. One of the goals is to provide an opportunity for high-achieving students to challenge themselves and earn college credits while still in high school. Credits earned at MC may be transferred to other colleges or universities.
- Qualified students are admitted and enrolled at MC as dually enrolled high-school students, earning college credit while still completing regular high-school classes.
- Most students take MC courses taught at Seneca Valley (periods 7-8) by MC professors, but may also take courses online/on-campus.
- Certain MCPS approved classes may earn dual credit:
- Grades will appear on both MCPS and MC transcripts
- Factored into MCPS weighted GPA
- Transferable MC credits that may satisfy GenEd requirements and pay a discounted rate.
- GenEd Course Requirements
Both MCPS and MC charge fees to students taking college courses, but Dual Enrollment classes are available at a reduced rate compared to the rates for a regular student at Montgomery College. Financial assistance is available through MCPS and MC to students with demonstrated need.
Interested students should email Mrs. Stacey Blaine, SVHS Dual Enrollment Program Assistant (DEPA).
Additional Information and Resources
- Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Dual Enrollment Admission & Registration Procedures
- Montgomery College Dual Enrollment Log In
- MyMC Log In
For more information about Dual Enrollment, contact Mrs. Stacey Blaine in the SVHS Counseling Services office. You can also check the SVHS Course Bulletin for more information.