Apply NOW for Free and Reduced-Price Meals!
The online application is NOW OPEN for parents to complete and submit the 2022–2023 application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals!
Families can apply now and avoid longer processing times in the Fall!
Students may qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on household size and income. They may also qualify if they are receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or Medicaid benefits. Families may apply for meal benefits by completing an Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals for the current school year.
Apply online NOW at MySchoolApps.com (Translations available)
Federal eligibility guidelines change each school year; therefore a new application must be submitted each school year. All students in the family should be listed on one household application. A notice will be mailed home to each student if you are approved for meal benefits or do not qualify for meal benefits. Please keep this important document for your records and use throughout the school year. Families may apply for meal benefits at any time during the school year.
Households that are unable to apply online should contact their school or the Division of Food and Nutrition Services at 240-740-7400.
Please click here to apply online.
Questions? Please call 240-740-7400.
Meal benefit eligibility from last school year will remain current only through the first 30 scheduled school days OR until a 2022-2023 application is processed.
- FOR FASTER PROCESSING APPLY ONLINE. Households who apply online should not submit a paper application.
- The online application is preferred method for families to apply for FARMS.
- 2022–2023 paper application forms in English and Spanish will be distributed to all MCPS Schools close to the first day of school and will be available by request.
- If you ARE applying for free or reduced-price meals, first, last name, and middle initial are required.
- Please provide birth date, grade, and school to expedite processing.
- Use ONE application for ALL students in the household—including Pre-K, kindergarten, and foster—even if they attend different schools.
- If any child you are applying for is homeless, migrant, or runaway, please call your child's school or contact the MCPS Homeless liaison at 240-740-4511.
Click the link below for more information: