Seneca Valley -Update 4-13-21- Spring Sports update with schedules
Good afternoon SV Nation,
Hard to believe, but our fall season is coming to a close. Our Athletic department and staff cannot thank you all enough for helping the season come together. We know it was not as much as we would have liked, but we are all glad that our student athletes were able to get some time on the field and play some contests. With Fall season ending this Friday with our final football game at Clarksburg HS, we will kick off the spring season Saturday. Yes, this Saturday, we are starting.
The deadline for registering for spring sports is tomorrow at midnight! Please make sure to register via parentvue as soon as you can. Student athletes must have an updated physical on file that is less than one calendar year old.
You find helpful hints and more information on our website www.svhsathletics.org if you need assistance in registering.
With registration coming to and end, we were finally able to put together a week one practice schedule. Please note:
- In order to be cleared to show up and practices student athletes must:
- Have a valid and updated physical on file with the athletic office and a covid supplemental sheet
- Be fully registered via parentvue
- Be athletic obligation free
- As of now- we will release schedules one week in advance. We fully understand that this causes inconveniences, but as we have an ever changing landscape of protocol, it makes it very difficult to put it out in advance.
- Unfortunately, we will only be offering Boys and Girls Tennis -Virtually. Both Coaches have opted to not do in person
- We are still hoping to offer the rest of our sports- but registration numbers are low, so we will need more in order for us to field teams.
- Please use this link to see our Week 1 practice schedule.
- Note that Allied softball will not practice this Saturday
- We will be practicing at a variety of locations
- Coed Volleyball and Allied Softball will be practicing in the main gym- but will need to check in outside at the check in station- via our schools QR code. Please use this map, for directions on where to check in.
- Track and field, boys and girls lacrosse will all be practicing on the main field turf. Please use this map for directions on where to check in and pod locations.
- Baseball will be practicing at S. Germantown Recreation Park- Field F. Upon arrival they will have to check in via our schools QR code. Please use this map, for directions on where the field is located and how to check in.
- Softball will be practicing at Martin Luther King MS-Softball Field. Upon arrival they will have to check in via our schools QR code. Please use this map, for directions, and note that you should be dropping off and picking up Lake Seneca Elementary School, not MLK
- Important Safety protocols
- Student Athletes should bring water bottle, hand sanitizer, and towel to each practice. Water WILL NOT be provided.
- We also encourage student athletes to bring their own chairs, since benches will not be used.
- Student athletes will follow a variety of safety protocols.
- Please visit this MCPS site for details and review this video for more information on who things will be done to ensure the safety of our student athletes.
- Parent/Guardians are not permitted to be on site. Only approved student athletes, coaches and admin will be allowed. If you are attempting to watch, you will be asked to leave.
Once the practices begin, please look for a communication regarding a parent/guardian meet the coaches night in order to review how we will proceed with the season. I am sure that many of you have a lot of questions, and please feel free to reach out and ask or share any concerns.
We are excited to get started and can't wait to see our student athletes.
As always please make sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for all up to the minute sports information.
Seneca Valley High School
Follow us @SVHSathletics