Enrollment Information

Thank you for visiting the Seneca Valley High School web site regarding the enrollment process.

To begin with, once you have secured your new residency, please use the school locator tool on the Montgomery County Public School website at http://gis.mcpsmd.org/SchoolAssignmentTool2/Index.xhtml to verify that your primary home address is within the Seneca Valley High School district.

Next, please contact the school your child last attended and ask them to electronically send an unofficial copy of your child’s transcript to Seneca Valley’s school registrar, Ms. Linda McCabe at linda_m_mccabe@mcpsmd.org.


The following documentation will be required for enrollment:


Proof of residency

  • If you own, a copy of your current tax bill
  • If you recently purchased a home, a copy of your disclosure statement
  • If you rent, a copy of your current lease
  • If you share housing, a completed shared housing form, the lease or current tax bill of the person you are living with, and two supporting documents showing the parents name at that address.

In addition, we will also require a copy of your child’s birth certificate and immunization record.

In order for your counselor to place you in the proper classes, we will need a copy of your transcript as instructed earlier, or if you are an incoming 9th grader, a copy of your last report card.

Once you have secured the required documents, please refer to the MCPS website enrollment page at https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/enroll/index.aspx. There will also be registration paperwork that will need to be completed that can also be found at this site.

Once enrolled at Seneca Valley, a counselor will review your past course history and will schedule a meeting to further discuss your upcoming schedule, graduation requirements, pertinent Seneca Valley information, and answer any questions you and your child/children may have.