MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Career Academies Program at SVHS
Seneca Valley High School offers three Career Academies designed for students with a strong interest in automotive technology, early childhood development, health professions or information technology.
Our Career Academies are:
- Academy of AutomotiveTechnology (Lead Teacher, Mr. John Maher)
- Academy of Early Childhood Development (Lead Teacher, Ms. Susan Eckrich)
- Academy of Health Professions (Lead Teacher, Ms. Elaine Shute)
- Academies of Information Technology Lead Teacher, Ms. Judith Daniels)
- Cisco Networking Academy
- Academy of Information Technology (AOIT)
- Student must satisfy State of Maryland requirements.
- Student mustcomplete the required courses in his/her academy, culminating in a capstone project.
Capstone experiences must be in depth, challenging and reflective of the collective learning of the student and relative to the academy required courses and career focus.
If a student is interested in an internship, this will be coordinated by the Internship Coordinator. If the student is assigned an internship, a portfolio and presentation must be created to document the internship experience.
Career Academies Staff
If you have questions regarding academies or specific requirements, pleasecontact the lead teacher of the academy.If you have questions regarding class offerings or changing academies or pathways, please make an appointment with your Counselor.