FAbian Dixon, School Counselor
Mission Statement: The mission of the Rosemary Hills School Counseling Program is to help students develop belief in their ability, to become hard working citizens and responsible, lifelong learners through their academic development , personal and social growth and career exploration.
Vision Statement: The Vision of the Rosemary Hills School Counseling Program is to deliver a comprehensive development counseling program that addresses social, emotional, and academic needs of all students.
- I believe that all students can learn and achieve academic greatness when encouraged and nurtured in a respectful environment.
- I believe that nurturing all students' social and emotional well-being encourages academic development and future success.
SEL Curriculum - Leader In Me
The Leader in Me is a holistic approach to education, empowering educators with effective practices and tools to teach leadership to every student; create a culture of student empowerment; and align systems to drive results in academics.
The Leader in Me SEL curriculum focuses on the personal and interpersonal leadership capacity of students, staff and families.
Click here for more information: https://www.leaderinme.org/
Restorative Justice is implemented throughout MCPS. It builds community, self-care, while conflict resolution.
It is a social justice platform that allows students involved to:
- Actively engage
- Show respect to all parties involved
- Empower victims and shows equal concern for their needs
- Supports students who have harmed others, while encouraging them to take personal responsibility
- Encourage collaboration
- Work with those affected to restore and/or repair
Click here for more information: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/uploadedFiles/departments/studentservices/behavioral/RJ%20Brochure.pdf