Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
2020/2021 PTSA meetings:
Our 1st PTSA Meeting will be a virtual information meeting and is scheduled for Tuesday, September 15th at 7:00 pm. The link to the meeting will be posted on Ramsnet.
The PTSA typically meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month. The specific 2020 - 2021 Meeting Dates TBD. During distant learning, all PTSA meetings will be held virtually.
YOUR voice in YOUR school. The letters PTS stand for parents, teachers, and students because the PTSA is a partnership of parents, teachers, and students dedicated in strengthening the school community. The PTSA strives to better the lives of all of our children. We are part of an association that is organized at the local, state, and national levels.
The number one reason to join the PTSA is to benefit your student. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Each PTSA meeting starts with reports from the Principal and PTSA President and the PTSA meeting feature speakers and discussion of the topics and issue of greatest importance to the school community.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed to strengthen the school community and support the teachers, parents, and students.
- Tap into a Network: PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school and advocate for your child.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By being an active PTSA member and volunteer, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
PTSA provides the opportunities and structure for all individuals to become an advocate for children and families in your own communities.
We are all volunteers committed to working on issues that affect children and families. Your voice is so important to us, and we need your help.
Join the PTSA today. You can now click on this link to join and pay online.
(Please remember to go back to submit your form after you pay online.)
- Donate Now!
- Buy a Commemorative Brick
- Join RamsNet
- PTSA MEMBERSHIP FORM (English and Spanish)
- MCPS Quick Notes
- Student Job and Scholarship Opportunities
- MCPS Parent Resources
PTSA Board Members:
- President: Robbin Brinkhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interim Executive Vice President: Mary Carvajal (Marybcarvajal@gmail.com)
- Vice President Programs: Vacant
- Vice President Membership: Teresa Murphy (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Mary Farrar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interim Recording Secretary: Teresa Murphy (email@example.com)
- MCCPTA Rep and Cluster Coordinator: Sunil Dasgupta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Staff Appreciation: Karen Pankowski (email@example.com)
- Ramsnet Moderator: Robbin Brinkhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Booster Club Liaison: Vacant