Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
2021/2022 PTSA meetings:
The PTSA typically meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM.
The zoom link is the same for each meeting:
Meeting ID: 843 6904 0428
September 21 - School Psychologist Melinda Bellafiore and RHS Counselor Alejandra Crawley, social-emotional wellness
October 19 - Jennifer Lilly, School and Community Based Counselor, social-emotional wellness
November 16 - Paul Rivas, study skills and efficiency
December - no meeting planned
January 18, 2022 - RHS teacher and RT Mr. Celenza, Restorative Justice at RHS
February 15 - RHS College and Career Center's Mr. Brown, college scholarships and applications/admissions process
March 15 - Students Against Drunk Driving (SADD)
April 26 - nominations for 2022-23 school year
May 17 - (election of new officers, end of year events)
YOUR voice in YOUR school. The letters PTS stand for parents, teachers, and students because the PTSA is a partnership of parents, teachers, and students dedicated in strengthening the school community. The PTSA strives to better the lives of all of our children. We are part of an association that is organized at the local, state, and national levels.
The number one reason to join the PTSA is to benefit your student. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Each PTSA meeting starts with reports from the Principal and PTSA President and the PTSA meeting feature speakers and discussion of the topics and issue of greatest importance to the school community.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed to strengthen the school community and support the teachers, parents, and students.
- Tap into a Network: PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school and advocate for your child.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By being an active PTSA member and volunteer, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
PTSA provides the opportunities and structure for all individuals to become an advocate for children and families in your own communities.
We are all volunteers committed to working on issues that affect children and families. Your voice is so important to us, and we need your help.
Join the PTSA today. You can now click on this link to join and pay online.
(Please remember to go back to submit your form after you pay online.)
- Donate Now!
- Buy a Commemorative Brick
- Join RamsNet
- PTSA MEMBERSHIP FORM (Spanish)
- MCPS Quick Notes
- Student Job and Scholarship Opportunities
- MCPS Parent Resources
PTSA Board Members:
- President: Mary Carvajal (marycarvajal.PTSA@gmail.com)
- Secretary: Teresa Murphy (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Jennifer Wilsnack (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President Membership: Marcie Ament (email@example.com)
- Vice President Programs: Coach Clifford Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Booster Club Liaison: Vacant
- MCCPTA Rep and Cluster Coordinator: Heather Carroll Fischer (email@example.com)
- Ramsnet Moderator: Mary Carvajal (marycarvajal.PTSA@gmail.com)
- Staff Appreciation: Karen Pankowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other Parent Organizations:
- Booster Club: Karen Kelly, President (email@example.com)
- Drama Parents: Dana Sato
- Friends of Rockville Music (FORM): Mike Byrne, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NAACP Representative: Raquelle Carter (email@example.com)
- Padrones Latinos: Jenny Flores, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)