Prekindergarten, age 4 by September 1, 2013
Kindergarten, age 5 by September 1, 2013
First grade, age 6 by September 1, 2013
Parents registering their children for the first time in a Montgomery County public school must provide proof of age, identity, county residency and immunizations. Prior to enrolling at a school, all parent/guardians must provide school personnel with the following documents:
Child’s Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
Parent’s picture ID
Proof of Residency
- If homeowner, provide copy of current property tax bill.
- If renter, provide copy of current lease, less than 1 year old. If lease is more than 1 year old, provide copy of lease and a current utility bill.
- If living in shared housing, we need you to provide the following information:
- Notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared Housing Disclosure. This form is to be completed by you and the homeowner.
When returning this form to the home school, please attach the homeowner’s proof of residence, such as a copy of current property tax bill.
Within three (3) weeks after your child’s enrollment, you are required to provide three (3) proofs of residency. This can be a bank statement, telephone bill, cellular phone bill, or any utility bill with your name and current address. If school does not receive this documentation, your child may be withdrawn from Montgomery County Public Schools.
MCPS Forms to be completed:
- New Student Information 560-24
- Student Emergency Information 565-1
- Shared Housing Disclosure 335-74 (if applicable)
- Pre-Kindergarten Experience 345-17