RMHS Library Media Center
Media Specialist: Dr. Michelle Alexander
Media Assistants: Mrs. Meryl Bernstein
Ms. Magda Rabbat
Phone: (240) 740-6144
Hours: 7:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
The mission of the school library media center is to ensure that students become effective users of information resources and new technology in order to prepare them for college and careers.
The media center staff working cooperatively with teachers and staff, provides instruction about the various media and how to use them, and serves as the instructional hub of the school.
During the instructional day, students coming into the media center without a classroom teacher are required to show a pass signed by a staff member.
Food and beverages are not allowed.
During the instructional day cell phones will be confiscated. Before and after school, cell phones must be set to vibrate and students must leave the IMC to respond to calls or text messages.
Students may use earphones ONLY before and after school or if required for a class.
Students who disrupt others will be asked to leave and their media center privileges may be revoked for a period of time to be determined by the Media Center staff.
Follow us on Twitter
Media Center News & Information
Online Resources for Students & Staff
- Montgomery County Public Library
- College & Community Libraries in D.C. and Maryland(PDF)
- Library of Congress
- Creative Commons (Share, ReMix, ReUse Legally)
Resources for Educators
- DMM Media & Video Store (Bring Life to Your Lessons!)
- MCPS Evaluation & Selection Policy
- MCPS Form 365-25: Evaluation for Instructional Materials
- Teacher Files Educational Links
- MCPS Professional Library