College and Career Credit Opportunities at Montgomery College
Fall 2020 Dual Enrollment Classes at RMHS
CLICK HERE for information!!
Summer/Fall 2020 Update!!
- Applications are still being accepted on-line, however process times will be longer due to limited access by MC staff.
- All assessment (Accuplacer) testing is suspended until further notice.
- Montgomery College will accept student SAT/ACT/AP score reports via email.
- The score reports must be sent from the students MC email only. Students should expect to come to campus to print the scores at a later time to be determined once things return to normal. Email: Yvonne.Hu-Cotto@
montgomerycollege.edu ● Attached are samples of the acceptable SAT/ACT/AP score reports.
- Summer I June 8th– July 10th - courses ALL on-line
- Summer II July 11th - August 21st - course on-line and blended with on-line/on-campus sessions if permissible
- Summer Session I & II 2020
- View courses April 20th
- Registration begins April 27
- Fall Semester 2020
- View courses April 27th
- Registration begins May 11
- Submitted an online application to Montgomery College
- Obtained and saved your M# (student id # assigned by MC)
- Create your Dual enroll account
- Complete the Dual Refusal form
- Follow all the steps noted in the dual enroll registration sheet
- Submit test score reports (AP, SAT or ACT) to Ms. Hu-Cotto at MC
- If you do not have scores to submit, you will not be able to register for classes
Earning Dual (High School & College) Credit versus Diploma & Degree Options
- RMHS February 2020 Information Session
- Information Sessions were provided to parents and students of rising 9th -12th graders to provide each with information to prepare for planning ahead. Montgomery College - Information Session Powerpoint and Video.
Montgomery College has re-organized the various programs available to high school students to two areas:
- College and Career Credit Opportunities
- Diploma+Degree Opportunities. College and Career Credit Opportunities is what we know as Dual Enrollment, where students select a few MC courses that met their interest. The student earn college credits with the opportunity to earn high school credits with these college courses. You will see in the PP presentation a chart called Jump Start to College Pathways, that shows how students can earn up to 30 college credits in their junior and senior years. On the other hand, the Diploma + Degree Opportunities includes Early College, Middle College, and P-TECH. These programs are aimed to have students work towards a two-year college degree in the last two years of high school. These students would graduate from high school with an associate degree at the same time. These degree programs may have higher admissions standards (such as calculus placement), depending on the program they wish to participate.
- Students who are interested in doing Dual Enrollment/Jump Start/credit opportunities should continue to work with Dual Enrollment program. Dual Enrollment is really flexible and can meet student's individual interest.
- Students who wish to participate in the Early College program should contact Ms. Amy Crawley. This year's application process has closed but MCPS will send out invitation letters to the 10 th graders next year when the application process is opened. You can find the video recap of the information session as well as Ms. Crawley's contact here: https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/high-school-students/dual-enrollment/degree-and-pathway-programs/early-college-program.html.
Dual Enrollment Registration Steps/Documents
- Steps for Dual Enrollment
- Fall 2019 MC Dual Enrollment courses at RMHS
- How to Create a DualEnroll.com Account and Register for Classes
- DualEnroll.com Registration Procedures
- Dual Credit Form
- Dual Enrollment Checklist
- Montgomery College Schedule of Classes
- Accuplacer Information
- Montgomery College Courses with no assessment testing requirements
Dual Enrollment Program Webpage -- http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/dep
Financial Aid and Grant Information --
On-Time Registration policy -- www.montgomerycollege.edu/ontime
MC Dynamic Schedule -- https://mcssb.glb.montgomerycollege.edu/eagle/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched
Accuplacer & MC Assessment Centers -- http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/edu/department2.aspx?id=51002
Payment Deadlines-- https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/paying-for-college/payments/deadlines.html
Request an MC Transcript -- http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/EDU/Department2.aspx?id=20097