Department Head: Antoinette Phillips
New Student Enrollment Information
To start the registration process for the 2023-24 school year follow the process below:
- For a student who has never attended or enrolled in an MCPS School or Program click this link: https://md-mcps.edupoint.com/PXP2_OEN_Login.aspx (click on create new account)
- Once you complete the registration process, our office will be in touch with you in the coming days to confirm your registration or request additional documents if necessary.
- For Parents/Guardians with current or previous MCPS students, please see steps below:
- 1. Withdraw from the current school and request immunization record, transcript, and schedule
- 2. Provide us with your proof of residence depending on your housing:
- a. property tax bill if owner,
- b. current lease, if your lease is expired, provide a current utility bill with the lease
- c. or Shared Housing Form (this form must be notarized
with the following back-up documentation: homeowner’s property tax bill or lease for the person who you are sharing housing with and two pieces of mail in your name at this shared housing address
3. Two enrollment forms filled out and signed-
All of this can be completed via email if you prefer to send everything to me that way. Or you can call or email Mrs. Erin Stamets, Richard Montgomery Registrar, at 240-740-6122, Erin_M_Stamets@mcpsmd.org for any questions.
Schedule Policy & Deadlines
Schedule Change Request Policy for the 2023-24 school year.
Schedule changes for all classes will be considered for the first two weeks of the first semester. After this time period, elective course changes will NOT be considered, ONLY level changes in core classes will be considered on a case-to-case basis.
When making schedule change requests, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Schedule change requests are not guaranteed.
- All requests are subject to course availability and class size.
- Priority for advanced placement classes is given to upperclassmen
- Higher level classes cannot be taken if pre-requisites have not been completed.
- Requests for specific teachers and periods will not be considered.
Please note: All schedule changes made after the 25th day of each semester will be reflected on the student transcripts:
- 25th day for semester 1: October 3rd, 2023
- 25th day for semester 2: March 4th, 2024
Please direct any questions you have about this policy to your counselor.
Spanish Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdCrtCIFJc&t=4s
English Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJUapGLarBo
Transcript Request Procedures for Former Students:
If you graduated or withdrew five years ago or fewer, fill out this form and send it to Erin_M_Stamets@mcpsmd.org. Transcripts are $3.25 each payable using the Richard Montgomery online payment system:
If you graduated or withdrew more than five years ago, contact Montgomery County Public Schools Central Records: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/sharedaccountability/records.aspx
The Listserv will share information regarding school and community events, scholarship and program opportunities, and other counseling office updates. To join CLICK HERE and click on ‘Join Group’ in the top left. Once you have joined the group, any new postings will be directly emailed to you.
The mission of the School Counseling Department at RMHS is to support academic achievement, career planning, interpersonal relationships, personal responsibility, and other skills essential to being a productive citizen. This is accomplished by:....more
|Counseling Office Secretary|
|Registrar||Ms. Erin Stamets|
|College Career Coordinator||Ms. Lisa Miller|
Students are assigned to counselors according to the student's last name. You may email any counselor by clicking on his/her name.
Ms. Evan Anderson
Ms. Shannon Chen
Ms. Julie Colatrella
Mr. Paul Craft
Ba - Bem, S
Ms. Megan Litten
|Ms. Erica LeBright
A, U, Vo-Vz, W, X
|Ms. Brigid McKelvey
J, N, O, Q, Y, Z
|Mr. Marcus Turner
Other Counseling Staff