MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
REGISTRATION (DEADLINE NOVEMBER 6, 2020)
- AP students are required to join the My AP Classroom for each AP course in which they are enrolled. By joining the portal, students have access to College Board-created materials, and are automatically registered for the AP exam. AP teachers provided instructions in class. Students who join their classrooms after November 8th will be assessed a $40 late fee.
- Students not sitting in an AP class, but who still wish to take an AP exam, must enroll in My AP Classroom using the appropriate self-study join code.
- Students are reminded to enter information very carefully. Be sure to enter the student’s MCPS ID number. Use a personal e-mail address to register so you may access score reports after graduation.
FEE WAIVER (DEADLINE NOVEMBER 6, 2020)
- Exam fees can be reduced for those that qualify. Please fill out this fee waiver tied to state guidelines for family income.
- For more information regarding payment, please click here
- AP exams will cost $95 this year.
- AP exam fees will be obligated for payment on the Online School Payment site beginning November 17th. Payments are due by February 1, 2021.
AP EXAM INFORMATION
- The AP course content covered by the AP exam has not been abbreviated for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations for AP exams. Students must be approved for accommodations by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Parents and students should check with their counselor to make sure their accommodations are in place for the AP exam(s). If accommodations have not yet been approved, the deadline for the request with College Board is January 15, 2021.
- If students do not qualify for the fee waiver and need assistance in paying for their exam(s) they can apply for scholarship funds by sending an e-mail to Joseph_F_Jelen@mcpsmd.org
- Click to see more information and the exam schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the AP Coordinator, Joseph_F_Jelen@mcpsmd.org.