For more detailed information regarding the RMHS Athletics Department, please go to www.RocketAthletics.org. This website includes important information about registering for sports each season, vaccination requirements, physical documents, etc.
Athletic Specialist: Mr. Daniel Whitlow II
Athletics Phone: (240) 740-6150
Athletics Fax: (301) 279-8428
Assistant Athletic Directors:
Tavares Cooper, Tanya Lee, John Boyd
Interested in playing sports this school year? Check out this link for information on tryouts, coaching staff contact information, and what forms you need prior to tryouts.
Check out this step by step video to help you with the registration process! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f3Yw0SYu6w
MCPS Athletics Registration
How to Register
Students must be registered by a parent through the MCPS ParentVue Portal.
Steps for Registering via ParentVue (DIRECTIONS AVAILABLE HERE).
- Login to MCPS ParentVue Portal
- Locate “Online Registration” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- You should then see prompts to enter information for the “2023-2024 HS Athletics Registration" Choose the correct season (fall, winter, spring).
If you see something for “Annual Verification” or “Resume Annual Registration”, please click the “Start Over” button, logout and log back in, this should then allow you to access the Athletic Registration.
- The Athletics Registration screens will have you verify information in the system and then allow you to review and complete the Athletics Registration forms.
If any of the information appearing on the “Family” or “Parent/Guardian” information screens is incorrect, please contact the School Registrar to have this corrected before completing your registration.
- Make sure to hit SUBMIT upon completion. You will get a confirmation email for successful registration. If you do not get the email, go back and make sure to hit SUBMIT.
ParentVue Troubleshooting Information
If a parent is having trouble logging into the MCPS ParentVue Portal:
(MCPS also has a guide to ParentVue for parents here).
- If you have never activated your parent account:
Parents were sent activation information at the beginning of the school year, which included an Activation Key. If you still have this information, use it to activate your parent account. If you do not have the activation information, you can call Mr. Whitlow at (240) 740-6150 or the RMHS Main Office at (240) 740-6100 during normal office hours.
- Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot Password link on the ParentVue Portal.
- Forgot the email address you used to activate your account? Contact Mr. Whitlow, the main office, or the registrar for assistant. Be sure to include the student name, ID, and parent name in the email.
- Wrong address notification or your child is not linked to your account? Contact Erin_M_Stamets@mcpsmd.org or call the RMHS Main Office (240) 740-6100.
Additional MCPS Resources for help with ParentVUE:
- ParentVue Guide - A "Quick Guide to ParentVue for Athletics" for parents/guardians when registering their students for athletics.
- ParentVue Guide - A "How to Guide" for parents/guardians for Getting Started with ParentVUE.pdf
More Athletics Information
Mike Curtis awards RM a Super Bowl 50 Golden Football. See the video below:
All REQUIRED forms can be accessed and filled out on the MCPS Athletics page: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/parent/forms.aspx.
Students must complete and submit the following forms prior to participating in practices or tryouts.
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (MCPS Form SR-8 with new MPSSAA COVID-19 supplemental questions) - The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for one year (for high school athletes) and two years (for middle school athletes) from the date of the exam, and covers participation for all sports within that time period. Students submit only the last page to the school/coach (Clearance Form). Schools keep the forms on file. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online.
- Medical Card for Athletes (MCPS Form 560-30) -This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Student-Parent Participation Contract and Parent Permission Form (for High School) - The form includes information that student-athletes and parents are required to review, including reference to the Health/Safety section of the MCPS Athletics website. This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
Academic Eligibility - (PDF )
Transportation Permission Form - (PDF )
Transportation Permission Form must be completed (bring to try-outs)
Consent Form ImPact Baseline Concussion Testing - All student-athletes must undergo baseline testing at least once every two years. This form is required for taking a baseline test.
MSDE Concussion Awareness and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Parent/Student-Athlete Acknowledgement Statement - This form indicates that the parent and student-athlete have received information regarding concussions and sudden cardiac arrest.
MSDE Pre-participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form for Extracurricular Activities - This form indicates whether the student has previously suffered a concussion.