For more detailed information regarding the RMHS Athletics Department, please go to www.RocketAthletics.org.
Athletic Director: Jon Freda
Athletics Phone: (240) 740-6150
Athletics Fax: (301) 279-8428
Assistant Athletic Directors:
Tavares Cooper, Jamaal Schools & Brian Sims
Please email coaches for team specific questions regarding tryouts. Emails can be found at the following link: RHMS Coaching Staff
Information about Tryouts
Fall Sports offered are: Football, Field Hockey, Boys and Girls Soccer, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Poms, Golf, and Girls Volleyball. Wednesday, August 11th is the first possible day of tryouts, all teams will begin by Saturday, August 14th. All athletes must be registered online in ParentVue accounts and all athletes must have an updated or current MCPS health physical on file in order to participate. Physical can be uploaded at the time of registration or emailed separately to the AD after registration.
MCPS Athletics Registration
Fall Athletics Registration Information
MCPS and Richard Montgomery High School are excited to announce that registration for Fall sports opened on July 12, 2021. Below is information regarding the upcoming Fall sports season, as well as the registration process.
How to Register
Parents must register their children through the MCPS ParentVue Portal. Parents who need additional resources/assistance with online registration can view the information below:
ParentVue Troubleshooting Information
If a parent is having trouble logging into the MCPS ParentVue Portal.
- If you have never activated your parent account:
- Parents were sent activation information at the beginning of the school year, which included an Activation Key. If you still have this information, use it to activate your parent account.
- Parents who need assistance with their ParentVue account can call the school: (240) 740-6100, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. or use the MCPS Parent Technical hotline (240) 740-7020.
- Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot Password link on the ParentVue Portal
- Forgot the email address you used to activate your account? Email the Athletic Specialist Jon Freda, Jonathan_J_Freda@mcpsmd.org. Be sure to include the student name, ID number and parent name in the email.
Additional MCPS Resources for help with ParentVUE:
- ParentVue Guide - A "Quick Guide to ParentVue for Athletics" for parents/guardians when registering their students for athletics.
- ParentVue Guide - A "How to Guide" for parents/guardians for Getting Started with ParentVUE.pdf
Students should complete their pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) so that the medical eligibility form and COVID pre-participation form (last two pages of SR-8) is ready for online submission or for submission to the coach prior to tryouts/practices. Physicals are valid for one calendar year. Note: This is a change from the policy during the virtual engagement. At that time, physicals were valid for two years. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online, including the Care for Kids program through Montgomery County. Physicals can be uploaded by the parent during the registration process. However, if a parent needs to submit a physical after the student has already been registered, email an electronic copy of the pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) to the Athletic Specialist Jon Freda, Jonathan_J_Freda@mcpsmd.org .
Please email coaches for team specific questions regarding tryouts. Emails can be found at the following link: RMHS Coaching Staff
Please visit the MCPS Athletics Main Page for updates regarding Athletics and Fall Registration: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/
More Athletics Information
Mike Curtis awards RM a Super Bowl 50 Golden Football. See the video below:
All REQUIRED forms can be accessed and filled out on the MCPS Athletics page: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/athletics/parent/forms.aspx.
Students must complete and submit the following forms prior to participating in practices or tryouts.
- New for Summer 2020 - Student-Parent Participation Information, Contract and Permission Form (for High School) - This form should be used if student-athletes will participate in optional virtual conditioning, during phase 1 of return to play.
- New for Summer 2020 - Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (MCPS Form SR-8 with new MPSSAA COVID-19 supplemental questions) - The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for one year (for high school athletes) and two years (for middle school athletes) from the date of the exam, and covers participation for all sports within that time period. Students submit only the last page to the school/coach (Clearance Form). Schools keep the forms on file. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online.
- Medical Card for Athletes (MCPS Form 560-30) -This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Student-Parent Participation Contract and Parent Permission Form (for High School) - The form includes information that student-athletes and parents are required to review, including reference to the Health/Safety section of the MCPS Athletics website. This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
Academic Eligibility - (PDF )
Transportation Permission Form - (PDF )
Transportation Permission Form must be completed (bring to try-outs)
Consent Form ImPact Baseline Concussion Testing - All student-athletes must undergo baseline testing at least once every two years. This form is required for taking a baseline test.
MSDE Concussion Awareness and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Parent/Student-Athlete Acknowledgement Statement - This form indicates that the parent and student-athlete have received information regarding concussions and sudden cardiac arrest.
MSDE Pre-participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form for Extracurricular Activities - This form indicates whether the student has previously suffered a concussion.