- Jaguar Scholars leadership program meets with US Congressman John Lewis on the hill
- Band playing during a recent football game
Important Back to School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the virtual opening of schools & other important school updates.
- Magnet Application: MCPS has streamlined the Grade 8 high school application process by providing one common online application for all programs via Synergy (StudentVUE). Students in private school must have an MCPS ID to access an application. Click here to view more information about the process.
- Senior portrait information was sent to senior families by mail from Lifetouch. Make-up pictures dates will take place 11/19, 12/10-12/18. Students will be able to log into the PrestigePortraits.com website to "self-schedule" their appointment with the information provided in the mailing. If you have questions, concerns, or didn't receive information mailed home, please contact Lifetouch at (410) 644-7700 or by email email@example.com. No walk-in appointments will be accepted. (More info on the Student tab)
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the summer in the staff directory
- Apply for Free & Reduced Meals (FARMS) Online NOW - Go to https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application to begin your application. Avoid long wait times by applying online.
- Maryland State requires students receive vaccinations on a schedule determined by the CDC in order to attend preschool programs and schools. Students may be exempted from these requirements if a healthcare provider states that the vaccinations are medically contraindicated or for religious objections. Students entering Grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 must provide documentation that they have received one dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) and one dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination
- ParentVUE activation emails and letters were sent to parents beginning August 21st. If a parent has an email on file in Synergy, an email with activation instructions will be sent. If a parent does not have an email on file, a mailer will be generated and mailed to the parent address. If parents have difficulty with activating accounts, or if they do not receive a communication, they should contact the help line at (240) 740-7020 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning
- Continue to stay up to date with MCPS Coronavirus information on the MCPS website
- MCPS will transition to a more traditional food service program. Breakfast and lunch meals will be provided to MCPS students at 74 meal sites. Meal locations can be found on the MCPS website. A student must be enrolled in an MCPS school to receive these meals. This curbside meal service will be provided from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (no meal service on Thursday). Students/families will need their student identification number in order to pick up a meal.
- Do you want an electronic Spinbook? Click on this link and make a copy in your Google drive, where you will be able to fill in the pages.
RMHS 2020-2021 Semester 1 Bell Schedule
ParentVUE & StudentVUE
There are many resources to help parents and students activate their accounts and troubleshoot questions and concerns. Go the following MCPS website for links & guides to answer most questions.
This link will take you to the ParentVUE and StudentVUE login site.
ParentVUE Help Guide - for step by step instructions to activate your account, use the app, details about what you can do with ParentVUE, etc.
More parent resources can be found here at this link, including step by step instructions to activate your account.
Parents who need additional assistance can use the following email and phone number to contact MCPS tech support:
- (240) 740-7020
- If you can only see some children, but not all, please complete this form
Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning (ParentVUE/StudentVUE, myMCPS Classroom, Google drive, Zoom).
Update on Fall SAT and ACT
SAT: Planning continues for SAT administration by College Board on September 26 and October 3 in selected MCPS test centers, as health and safety conditions allow.
Test centers include: Walter Johnson, Whitman, Gaithersburg, Watkins Mill, Einstein, Blair, Northwest, Quince Orchard, Clarksburg, Seneca Valley (at Clemente or Clarksburg), Damascus, Rockville, and Paint Branch. Late registration is open until September 22.
MCPS and College Board will be sending additional information to schools and registered students about testing details.
No decisions about SAT School Day have been made at this time.
ACT: Although large scale national ACT administrations in MCPS buildings are not planned in September or October at this time, MCPS is making plans to provide students with access to special testing with accommodations through ACT, for the October testing window.
As health and safety conditions allow, ACT special testing would occur in MCPS buildings outside the school day in the October testing window.
As MCPS is not planning for any September ACT testing in school buildings at this time, students registered for the testing window that opens September 12 will be able to transfer their registration to the October window. More information will be forthcoming about changing registration to October.
PSAT: PSAT administration is not being planned during the normal October testing window at this time. College Board has announced a new PSAT date in January 2021, which MCPS will be considering.
In order to provide Class of 2021 seniors with college entrance exam opportunities prior to the fall college application season, MCPS continues to work closely with health department officials and College Board regarding the possibility of administering the September 26 and October 3 SAT in a small number of MCPS high school test centers, as health and safety conditions allow. Students who are registered for the September or October SAT should remain registered while testing details and safety protocols are being developed. Registration for the October 3 SAT closes on September 4, with late registration through September 22. MCPS and College Board will be sending additional information to schools and registered students about testing details in the coming weeks. More information can be found here: https://pages.collegeboard.org/sat-covid-19-updates.
MCPS is also exploring the possibility of school day testing in October; future SAT administrations on November 7 and December 5; and October ACT administrations, including special testing with accommodations. Please note that these test administrations will depend on decisions by local health officials as it relates to COVID-19 and school operations. We will continue to keep you updated.
How to Enroll Your Child in School
Do you need to enroll your student at RM? Because schools are closed due to COVID-19, parents/guardians should visit the MCPS website to begin the process: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/enroll/index.aspx. After you complete the required information, someone from RM will be in contact with you for next steps.
In Person Enrollments
Student enrollments can continue to be completed virtually; however, if you would like to complete your child's enrollment in person, please follow the process outlined below:
Email Ms. Erin Stamets, Registrar, at Erin_M_Stamets@mcpsmd.org to set up an enrollment appointment. Alternatively, you can call Ms. Stamets at 240-740-6122 to set up an appointment.
- Ms. Stamets will coordinate with families to set up 1-hour appointments Tuesday morning from 8-12 or Thursday afternoon from 1-3.
- One parent and one student may enter the building through the main office doors for the 1-hour pre-determined appointment.
- Walk in appointments cannot be accommodated due to restrictions related to Covid-19.
RMHS Counseling Resources
For counselor's emails, office hours, or for multiple resources available to families during this time, please access this link: https://sites.google.com/mcpsmd.net/rmhs-school-counseling-site/home
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Phone Number Updates
The existing number (301) 610-8000 will be forwarded until the end of July 2019. After that time, you will need to use the new main phone number (240) 740-6100. The following are also important numbers you may need moving forward:
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Check out this updated document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.
If you're coming to the school, please review our visitor information page for details on where to park and what to bring with you.
Pedestrian and Driver Safety
The City of Rockville Police department reminds drivers and pedestrians of the following safety tips.
Tweets by @RMHS_Principal