- Jaguar Scholars leadership program meets with US Congressman John Lewis on the hill
- Band playing during a recent football game
Important Back to School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the virtual opening of schools.
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the summer in the staff directory
- Check the athletics page if you need to contact our Athletic director or fall/winter/spring coaching staff
- August 2, 2020 Summer Community Updates Letter (sent via email to families)
- MCPS Letter sent to families about fall/winter sports cancellation
- Apply for Free & Reduced Meals (FARMS) Online NOW - Go to https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application to begin your application. Avoid long wait times by applying online.
- Chromebooks are available for pickup from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. weekdays outside the MCPS building on 45 W. Gude Drive, Rockville, MD 20850. NOTE: You must wear a mask and have your student ID number
- Continue to stay up to date with MCPS Coronavirus information on the MCPS website
How to Enroll Your Child in School
Do you need to enroll your student over the summer at RM? Because schools are closed due to COVID-19, parents/guardians should visit the MCPS website to begin the process: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/enroll/index.aspx. After you complete the required information, someone from RM will be in contact with you for next steps.
Student Activism on Social Media
Please see the following letter that was shared with parents and students about the recent social activism on social media.
Community Message June 2, 2020
RMHS Counseling Resources
For counselor's emails, office hours, or for multiple resources available to families during this time, please access this link: https://sites.google.com/mcpsmd.net/rmhs-school-counseling-site/home
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Phone Number Updates
The existing number (301) 610-8000 will be forwarded until the end of July 2019. After that time, you will need to use the new main phone number (240) 740-6100. The following are also important numbers you may need moving forward:
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
2019-2020 Student Policies Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Please review the following link related to our updated attendance policies (March 9, 2020). The information was emailed to parents on March 5, 2020 and relayed to students over the morning announcements on March 6, 2020.
Check out this document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.
Please note the revised department assessment days outlined below, effective immediately. This list is to ensure students do not have an overwhelming number of assessments on any given day:
- Monday: Social Studies, World Languages
- Tuesday: English/ESOL, Science/Tech Ed
- Wednesday: Math, Social Studies
- Thursday: World Languages, English/ESOL
- Friday: Science/Tech Ed, Math
*Physical Education (PE) and the Arts may give an assessment on any day of the week.
With respect to this policy, an assessment is a major formative or summative assessment covering multiple skills or standards, or units/chapters. Exit cards and other checking-for-understanding assessments are not considered major formative and summative assessments. Major assessments may fall under the formative, summative, or test/quiz grade book categories. A major assessment may be, but is not limited to, an exam, test, quiz, or project. If a teacher or PLC decides to delay an assessment based on student preparedness, data, or other factors, the assessment must be moved to the next available department day. If unexpected or external factors beyond a teacher’s control (weather, holiday) delay a teacher or PLC’s assessment, the teacher(s) will work collaboratively with their class(es) to determine the next most appropriate day to administer the assessment.
2019-2020 Upcoming Events & Information
Find out what's happening at RMHS by visiting the upcoming events and information page.
RM students are up to amazing things! Learn about some of our students' recent newsworthy accomplishments on our Student Newsmakers.
If you're coming to the school, please review our visitor information page for details on where to park and what to bring with you.
Pedestrian and Driver Safety
The City of Rockville Police department reminds drivers and pedestrians of the following safety tips.
Tweets by @RMHS_Principal