Parent Technical Support Email:
IF YOUR CHILD HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID, please complete the google form that is linked here. Please do NOT send your child to school and wait for instructions from the school on how to proceed. We will do our best to contact you as soon as possible.
Important School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the opening of schools & other important school updates.
- Due to a continued focus on limiting outside visitors to schools, RM alum may not visit the building.
- 2022 yearbooks can be ordered now. Order yours today, as the price will increase after November 12. You can order your yearbook through the link on the RM website or here: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1066601/Richard-Montgomery-High-School/2022-Yearbook/20210830133152630141/CATALOG_SHOP/
- Information about bus schedules can be found at this link: Bus Transportation.
- Rising Seniors (Class of 2022) can book make-up senior portraits by appointment at https://prestigeportraits.com/.
- Current students who ordered a 2021 yearbook received a ticket during homeroom. Those students can pick up their yearbook at the concession stand during lunch (8/31-9/3). **Former students/graduates who ordered a yearbook and didn't pick them up during the drive thru on 9/3 or 9/8, should email Ms. Kidd for updated options.
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the summer in the staff directory
- Apply for Free & Reduced Meals (FARMS) Online NOW - Go to https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application to begin your application. Avoid long wait times by applying online. View the updated 2021-2022 flyer here.
- Maryland State requires students receive vaccinations on a schedule determined by the CDC in order to attend preschool programs and schools. Students may be exempted from these requirements if a healthcare provider states that the vaccinations are medically contraindicated or for religious objections. Students entering Grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 must provide documentation that they have received one dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) and one dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination
- Continue to stay up to date with MCPS Coronavirus information on the MCPS website
ParentVUE & StudentVUE
There are many resources to help parents and students activate their accounts and troubleshoot questions and concerns. Go the following MCPS website for links & guides to answer most questions.
This link will take you to the ParentVUE and StudentVUE login site.
ParentVUE Help Guide - for step by step instructions to activate your account, use the app, details about what you can do with ParentVUE, etc.
More parent resources can be found here at this link, including step by step instructions to activate your account.
Parents who need additional assistance can use the following email and phone number to contact MCPS tech support:
- (240) 740-7020
- If you can only see some children, but not all, please complete this form
Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning (ParentVUE/StudentVUE, myMCPS Classroom, Google drive, Zoom).
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Important School Phone Numbers
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Check out this updated document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.