Parent Technical Support Email:
- RM POMs
- Cheer performing during the basketball season
- The bocce team work together during a winter match.
- One Acts performers
- Girls basketball at tip off
- Varsity Boys basketball at the line
- Boys basketball during tip off
- RM swimming and diving
- Orchestra performing
IF YOUR CHILD HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID, please complete the google form that is linked here. Please do NOT send your child to school and wait for instructions from the school on how to proceed. We will do our best to contact you as soon as possible.
Important School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the opening of schools & other important school updates (updated throughout the summer).
- A menu of summer workshops being offered virtually through a collaboration of MCPS College & Career Information Coordinators this summer. Many of these workshops will be recorded, but if you are able, we encourage you to attend so you can ask questions of these experts in their field. There are some updates/edits that may occur with this document but the dates/times will not change. As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
- Several courses at Richard Montgomery HS created summer readings, assignments and review packets in preparation for the next academic year. This page includes the comprehensive list of all assignments. If nothing is listed for a class it means there is NO assignment.
- Class of 2022 Graduates– Lifetouch photos from the ceremony will be posted about 10-14 days after graduation for purchase. Use the following link: https://events.lifetouch.com/, click on "find your events" to search for the RMHS graduation photos. You can also Chat Live with a Customer Service Representative online: https://lifetouch.force.com/helpcenter/s/or by calling 1-800-736-4753.
- We are excited to share the courses offered in our local summer school program. The RM Summer School Experience Information 2022. Please review the information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michael_P_Oakes@mcpsmd.org.
- Registration for the Central High School Summer Program (CHSSP) opens via ParentVue on March 24th- May 27th for Session A and May 28th-June 24th for Session B. Students in Central High School Summer Programs will be able to participate virtually in completing courses for original credit and to repeat a credit. Please use the following link to see the full list of courses provided by MCPS: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/extendedhours/summerschool/courses.aspx
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the year in the staff directory
- Maryland State requires students receive vaccinations on a scheduledetermined by the CDC in order to attend preschool programs and schools. Students may be exempted from these requirements if a healthcare provider states that the vaccinations are medically contraindicated or for religious objections. Students entering Grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 must provide documentation that they have received one dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) and one dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination
- Continue to stay up to date with MCPS Coronavirus information on the MCPS website
ParentVUE & StudentVUE
There are many resources to help parents and students activate their accounts and troubleshoot questions and concerns. Go the following MCPS website for links & guides to answer most questions.
This link will take you to the ParentVUE and StudentVUE login site.
ParentVUE Help Guide - for step by step instructions to activate your account, use the app, details about what you can do with ParentVUE, etc.
More parent resources can be found here at this link, including step by step instructions to activate your account.
Parents who need additional assistance can use the following email and phone number to contact MCPS tech support:
- (240) 740-7020
- If you can only see some children, but not all, please complete this form
Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning (ParentVUE/StudentVUE, myMCPS Classroom, Google drive, Zoom).
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Important School Phone Numbers
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Check out this updated document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.