- Jaguar Scholars leadership program meets with US Congressman John Lewis on the hill
- Band playing during a recent football game
Important School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the virtual opening of schools & other important school updates.
The 13th Annual HBCU College Fair and various workshops will take place virtually on Saturday, February 13, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. One the sport admissions and scholarship interviews for 12th grade students begin at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, February 12th. More information can be found at the MCPS website: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/familysupport/hbcu/
Senior portrait information was sent to senior families by mail from Lifetouch. Make-up pictures dates will take place 11/19, 12/10-12/18. Students will be able to log into the PrestigePortraits.com website to "self-schedule" their appointment with the information provided in the mailing. If you have questions, concerns, or didn't receive information mailed home, please contact Lifetouch at (410) 644-7700 or by email email@example.com. No walk-in appointments will be accepted. (More info on the Student tab)
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the summer in the staff directory
- Apply for Free & Reduced Meals (FARMS) Online NOW - Go to https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application to begin your application. Avoid long wait times by applying online.
- Maryland State requires students receive vaccinations on a schedule determined by the CDC in order to attend preschool programs and schools. Students may be exempted from these requirements if a healthcare provider states that the vaccinations are medically contraindicated or for religious objections. Students entering Grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 must provide documentation that they have received one dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) and one dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination
- Continue to stay up to date with MCPS Coronavirus information on the MCPS website
- MCPS will transition to a more traditional food service program. Breakfast and lunch meals will be provided to MCPS students at 74 meal sites. Meal locations can be found on the MCPS website. A student must be enrolled in an MCPS school to receive these meals. This curbside meal service will be provided from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (no meal service on Thursday). Students/families will need their student identification number in order to pick up a meal.
- Do you want an electronic Spinbook? Click on this link and make a copy in your Google drive, where you will be able to fill in the pages.
RMHS 2020-2021 Semester 1 Bell Schedule
ParentVUE & StudentVUE
There are many resources to help parents and students activate their accounts and troubleshoot questions and concerns. Go the following MCPS website for links & guides to answer most questions.
This link will take you to the ParentVUE and StudentVUE login site.
ParentVUE Help Guide - for step by step instructions to activate your account, use the app, details about what you can do with ParentVUE, etc.
More parent resources can be found here at this link, including step by step instructions to activate your account.
Parents who need additional assistance can use the following email and phone number to contact MCPS tech support:
- (240) 740-7020
- If you can only see some children, but not all, please complete this form
Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning (ParentVUE/StudentVUE, myMCPS Classroom, Google drive, Zoom).
Update on January PSAT
On Tuesday, January 26th, the PSAT will be administered to RM students in grade 11. Based on College Board guidance and group size protocols, this PSAT administration would be offered to interested Grade 11 students only. PSAT for Grade 10 students will have testing windows available later in spring 2021 and will not be part of the January administration. Additional information regarding the administration of the PSAT in accordance with CDC and county guidelines will be available prior to the January 26th test day.
Note that the January PSAT administration will have the same benefits as the October PSAT/NMSQT, including eligibility for programs administered by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Other benefits of testing include:
- Prepares students for the SAT's
- Provides feedback in regard to student strengths for possible higher level and more challenging courses
- Opens the door to begin the process for college searches
Eleventh-Graders: The official PSAT will be administered to all students in grade 11, at a cost of $17. Eleventh graders MUST pre-register for the PSAT no later than Monday, January 11, 2020, either online at https://bit.ly/39RI8ms and submit this electronic registration form OR by turning in a completed paper registration form and $17 (check made payable to RMHS or exact cash) to the designated collection box in the lobby at Richard Montgomery High School, Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. If you are paying via cash or check, please bring your payment in a sealed envelope with your students name and ID number prominently displayed on the outside of the envelope along with your completed registration form. Students who qualify for Free and Reduced-Price Meals will qualify for a fee waiver. Please speak with your child’s counselor or Ms. Hull if you have questions about your eligibility for this waiver. Information on fee waivers can be found here. All students who qualify for Free and Reduced Meals will be awarded a waiver for the test. Eleventh graders who take the PSAT may qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program and/or National Achievement Scholarship Program; therefore, we encourage all eleventh-grade students to take the PSAT on the January 26th test date.
If you have any questions regarding the PSAT testing process, please feel free to contact Scott Durbin, Assistant Principal, by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access additional information about the PSAT at the College Board website at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10
How to Enroll Your Child in School
Do you need to enroll your student at RM? Because schools are closed due to COVID-19, parents/guardians should visit the MCPS website to begin the process: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/enroll/index.aspx. After you complete the required information, someone from RM will be in contact with you for next steps.
In Person Enrollments
Student enrollments can continue to be completed virtually; however, if you would like to complete your child's enrollment in person, please follow the process outlined below:
Email Ms. Erin Stamets, Registrar, at Erin_M_Stamets@mcpsmd.org to set up an enrollment appointment. Alternatively, you can call Ms. Stamets at 240-740-6122 to set up an appointment.
- Ms. Stamets will coordinate with families to set up 1-hour appointments Tuesday morning from 8-12 or Thursday afternoon from 1-3.
- One parent and one student may enter the building through the main office doors for the 1-hour pre-determined appointment.
- Walk in appointments cannot be accommodated due to restrictions related to Covid-19.
RMHS Counseling Resources
For counselor's emails, office hours, or for multiple resources available to families during this time, please access this link: https://sites.google.com/mcpsmd.net/rmhs-school-counseling-site/home
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Phone Number Updates
The existing number (301) 610-8000 will be forwarded until the end of July 2019. After that time, you will need to use the new main phone number (240) 740-6100. The following are also important numbers you may need moving forward:
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Check out this updated document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.
If you're coming to the school, please review our visitor information page for details on where to park and what to bring with you.
Pedestrian and Driver Safety
The City of Rockville Police department reminds drivers and pedestrians of the following safety tips.
Tweets by @RMHS_Principal