- Homecoming royalty at the dance
- Check out the band performing blind folded
- Poms performing Triller for Halloween
- Cheer supporting at a recent football game
- Cross Country Boys ready to race
- Cross Country girls competing
- Varsity Volleyball at a recent match
- JV Volleyball
- Varsity football during a recent game running the ball
- One Acts performers
Important School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the opening of schools & other important school updates.
- Maryland State requires students receive vaccinations on a schedule deteremind by the CDC in order to attend preschool programs and schools. Students may be exempt from these requirements if a healthcare provider states that the vaccinations are medically contradicted or for religious objections. Families can use the following link to view the 2023-2024 Vaccination Requirements from the state as well as vaccination clinics (August and September) in the county.
- Understand the different emergency preparedness responses that MCPS uses (shelter in place, lockdown, etc.) as well important system wide emergency management phone numbers on the Department of Safety and Security website.
- Need to add money to your students lunch account? Use the meal payments link to find out how to apply for free & reduced lunch, add money to your students SNAP account, and other important food and nutrition information.
- Make sure to check Ms. Deeny's Friday RMHS weekly newsletter for important updates. Parents should be checking their email for school updates. The RMHS Weekly Update is sent out Friday evenings to parents and posted to Canvas for students. You can find archived newsletters here.
- Applications for Free & Reduced-Price Meals (FARMS) will be available to fill out in August 2023. This is the fastest way to get your meal benefits when school starts and avoid long processing times. Be on the look out for the updated form on: www.MySchoolApps.com.
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the year in the staff directory.
ParentVUE & StudentVUE
There are many resources to help parents and students activate their accounts and troubleshoot questions and concerns. Go the following MCPS website for links & guides to answer most questions.
This link will take you to the ParentVUE and StudentVUE login site.
ParentVUE Help Guide - for step by step instructions to activate your account, use the app, details about what you can do with ParentVUE, etc.
More parent resources can be found here at this link, including step by step instructions to activate your account.
Parents who need additional assistance can use the following email and phone number to contact MCPS tech support:
- (240) 740-7020
- If you can only see some children, but not all, please complete this form
Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning (ParentVUE/StudentVUE, myMCPS Classroom, Google drive, Zoom).
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Important School Phone Numbers
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Check out this updated document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.