MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
- Jaguar Scholars leadership program meets with US Congressman John Lewis on the hill
- Band playing during a recent football game
Graduation for the Class of 2021
Postponed until Saturday, June 12, 2021 @ 10:00 a.m.
Students should arrive no later than 8:45 a.m. in their cap & gown ready to line up and process in. Logistics for families/guests can be found at this link.
Families who cannot attend in-person can watch the live stream beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 12 at the following link: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/richard-montgomery-high-school-rockville-md/evt529b54d954
A virtual slideshow of all graduates can be viewed below.
Congratulations Class of 2021!
Important School Information
Continue to check this section of the website for updates related to the opening of schools & other important school updates.
- Check out the 2021 RM Summer Experience - our local summer school programs here: https://www2.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/rmhs/students/
- If you need to contact any member of the Richard Montgomery staff, please email them directly. Staff email addresses are updated throughout the summer in the staff directory
- Apply for Free & Reduced Meals (FARMS) Online NOW - Go to https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application to begin your application. Avoid long wait times by applying online.
- Maryland State requires students receive vaccinations on a schedule determined by the CDC in order to attend preschool programs and schools. Students may be exempted from these requirements if a healthcare provider states that the vaccinations are medically contraindicated or for religious objections. Students entering Grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 must provide documentation that they have received one dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) and one dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccination
- Continue to stay up to date with MCPS Coronavirus information on the MCPS website
Do you want an electronic Spinbook? Click on this link and make a copy in your Google drive, where you will be able to fill in the pages.
RMHS 2020-2021 Semester 2 Bell Schedule
ParentVUE & StudentVUE
There are many resources to help parents and students activate their accounts and troubleshoot questions and concerns. Go the following MCPS website for links & guides to answer most questions.
This link will take you to the ParentVUE and StudentVUE login site.
ParentVUE Help Guide - for step by step instructions to activate your account, use the app, details about what you can do with ParentVUE, etc.
More parent resources can be found here at this link, including step by step instructions to activate your account.
Parents who need additional assistance can use the following email and phone number to contact MCPS tech support:
- (240) 740-7020
- If you can only see some children, but not all, please complete this form
Resources to support parents and students with virtual learning (ParentVUE/StudentVUE, myMCPS Classroom, Google drive, Zoom).
How to Enroll Your Child in School
Do you need to enroll your student at RM? Because schools are closed due to COVID-19, parents/guardians should visit the MCPS website to begin the process: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/info/enroll/index.aspx. After you complete the required information, someone from RM will be in contact with you for next steps.
In Person Enrollments
Student enrollments can continue to be completed virtually; however, if you would like to complete your child's enrollment in person, please follow the process outlined below:
Email Ms. Erin Stamets, Registrar, at Erin_M_Stamets@mcpsmd.org to set up an enrollment appointment. Alternatively, you can call Ms. Stamets at 240-740-6122 to set up an appointment.
- Ms. Stamets will coordinate with families to set up 1-hour appointments Tuesday morning from 8-12 or Thursday afternoon from 1-3.
- One parent and one student may enter the building through the main office doors for the 1-hour pre-determined appointment.
- Walk in appointments cannot be accommodated due to restrictions related to Covid-19.
RMHS Counseling Resources
For counselor's emails, office hours, or for multiple resources available to families during this time, please access this link: https://sites.google.com/mcpsmd.net/rmhs-school-counseling-site/home
Because of our updated website and changes to our existing Yahoo group settings, we have transferred over to a new Google group. If you would like to receive an email daily with the RMBC morning announcements, please contact Mr. Eric Rodney (Eric_Rodney@mcpsmd.org) for access to the new Google group.
Stay up to date with all that is happening at RMHS by reading the online (or paper) copy of The Tide. You can find the online version here.
Phone Number Updates
The existing number (301) 610-8000 will be forwarded until the end of July 2019. After that time, you will need to use the new main phone number (240) 740-6100. The following are also important numbers you may need moving forward:
- Main Office – (240) 740-6100
- Attendance Office – (240) 740-6101
- Counseling Office – (240) 740-6120
- Registrar – (240) 740-6122
- Career Center – (240) 740-6135
- Health Room – (240) 740-6102
- IB Office – (240) 740-6165
- Athletic Director – (240) 740-6150
- Financial Office – (240) 740-6112
- Security – (240) 740-6115
Advocacy at Richard Montgomery
Check out this updated document to see how students, parents, and staff all work together to advocate for the needs of our students.
If you're coming to the school, please review our visitor information page for details on where to park and what to bring with you.
Pedestrian and Driver Safety
The City of Rockville Police department reminds drivers and pedestrians of the following safety tips.
Tweets by @RMHS_Principal