The Department of Health and Human Services, School Health Services (SHS) in partnership with MCPS provides services to assure the heath, safety, and well-being of students at Redland Middle school in the health room.
School Health Services include assessment of health needs of students, sick and emergency care and first aid, monitoring immunization compliance, administering, medication and treatment to students, who have physicians orders, maintaining student health records, providing crisis intervention, health counseling, health education-promotion, nurse case-management and referral. School Health staff assists families of eligible uninsured students to enroll in Maryland Children's Health and Care for Kids programs.
Nancy Ruffner, School Nurse; Nancy Ruffner@mcpsmd.org
Faakornam Deegbe, Health Room Technician; Faakornam_L_Deegbe@mcpsmd.org
Medications at School:
Medicine cannot be given to a student unless authorized by the physician on MCPS form 525-13 (please use MCPS form 525-14 for epipens only). This includes both prescription and over the counter medications. Over the counter medications must be in the original, unopened bottle/box. Prescription medications must be in a container properly labeled by a pharmacist.
Students are not permitted to bring medicine to school to either deliver to the health room or carry for self medication unless approved by the physician and cleared by the school nurse.
Please contact the health room if you have any questions.
- Form 525-12: Authorization to Provide Medically Prescribed Treatment
- Form 525-12: Autorización para Proveer Tratamiento Médico Prescrito
- Form 525-13: Authorization to Administer Prescribed Medication
- Form 525-13: Autorización para Suministro de Medicamento Recetado
- Form 525-14: Emergency Care for the Management of a Student with a Diagnosis of Anaphylaxis
- Form 525-14: Atención do Emergencia para Estudiantes con Diagnóstico de Anafilaxia
- Form 345-22: Physical Education Physician Contact Form
- Form 560-30: Medical Card for Athletes
- Form 560-30: Tarjeta Médica del Atleta
- Form SR-5: Health Screenings
- Form SR-6: Health Inventory
- Form SR-6: Expediente de Examen Físico de las Escuelas de Maryland
- Form SR-8: Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics
- Form SR-8: Examen Físico Previo a Participación en Deportes
- Form DHMH 896: Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Immunization Certificate
For additional forms and information visit the School Health Services link on the MCPS website.
Information & News