1989: A First Class Opening
Awarded first place certificate from Columbia Scholastic Press Association
Awarded PICA Award from Hunter Publishing Company for meeting all deadlines
The Quince Orchard High School, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 1989 first edition of Tracks was printed by Hunter Publishing Company in Winston Salem, North Carolina. The press run was 750 copies at trim size of 9 by 12, with 248 pages. Pages 1-32 and 113-128 were printed on 80 pound gloss enamel with process color photography. Pages 33-112 and 129-248 were printed on 80 pound dull enamel.
Editors in Chief: Jennifer Bragg and Amy Willner
- 1,200 student enrollment at the time. There were no seniors.
- Principal: Dr. Thomas Warren.
- Yearbook adviser: Mrs. Kitty Kesler
- Co-editor(s): Jen Bragg and Amy Willner
- The technical very first day of QO was Tuesday, September 6th 1989.
- September 9th 1989 was the first football game, it was the first sporting event at QO as well.