MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Winter 2020 Video
The Music Department students and staff created this amazing video to share, listen to these talented musicians and read their words of inspiration and hope.
QO Music News
- Sign up for the 2021 Fall Mrching Band Season! Go here to fill out an interest form (No Commitment)
- Join the NEW Marching Band "Google Group" by searching for "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Learn more about our Tri-M Music Honor Society by visiting the Tri-M page or by viewing this slideshow
Quince Orchard Music Department
The mission of the QOHS music department is to provide students a personalized learning environment to foster meaningful cultural experiences in the performance, understanding, and appreciation of music. This will be accomplished by promoting the nine National Standards of Music Education:
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture