Winter 2020 Video
The Music Department students and staff created this amazing video to share, listen to these talented musicians and read their words of inspiration and hope.
QO Music News
- Shop with Amazon.com and support the QO Marching Band. Just click here to begin your searching/shopping and and the marching band will receive proceeds from your purchase. Support the QO Marching Band/Amazon.com Link
- Learn more about our Tri-M Music Honor Society by visiting the Tri-M page or by viewing this slideshow
- Time to sign up for the 2019 Marching Band Season! Head over to the marching band page for information!
- AP Music Theory students! The summer packet is available on the QOHS main page.
Quince Orchard Music Department
The mission of the QOHS music department is to provide students a personalized learning environment to foster meaningful cultural experiences in the performance, understanding, and appreciation of music. This will be accomplished by promoting the nine National Standards of Music Education:
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture