September and October will be busy with some mandatory State Testing (MCAP, MAP, MISA) and some additional testing for the PSAT and SAT. Details about testing and special schedules can all be found on our new Testing Information webpage. Please see this important information about the PSAT and SAT on October 13th, it includes details about fees and parental consent for school information.
- Callouts from Mrs. Thomas - September 19th - NEW FORMAT!
- This Week - Links
- Tuesday - PTSA Meeting @ 7pm
- Wednesday - Booster Club Meeting @ 7pm
- Thursday - Class of 2022 Student/Family Meeting for College Process and other important info @ 7pm
- MCPS Coronavirus Information - including the latest communication (in multiple languages) and many resources
- PTSA Welcome Letter, Flyer, Membership Link, PTSA Welcome Letter in Spanish
- Boosters Welcome Letter, Boosters Membership 2021-2022, Boosters Membership in Spanish 2021-2022
- Athletic Event Spectator Guide
- Emergency Information - please update this for your student via ParentVue - links to the ParentVUE Support Guide and directions for completing the annual verification of information.
- Online Student Handbook
- Free and Reduced Meals - FARMS Application for 2021-2022
- Back to School Night Communication
Students who applied were notified if they will be assigned a permit on Monday, 9/13, students should check their email. Students who apply are NOT guaranteed a permit, permits are assigned by semester and all students will need to re-apply for Second Semester. Questions should be emailed to Mr. Rabberman.
QOHS SGA is happy to share that we are getting back to some of our traditional homecoming festivities with upgrades for hallway decorations, parade, pre-game ceremonies, and Homecoming dance. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our students during our ”A Night Under the Lights” Homecoming Dance. Following MCPS guidelines, we have a designated outdoor space for dancing and we are diligently preparing for a memorable event.
Tickets will be sold from the SGA window during lunch on September 23th and 24th for 11th and 12th graders. Ticket sales will be open to all students on September 27, 2021 during lunch at the same location. You will only be able to purchase the tickets with check or cash for $25. Please bring exact change (if possible). Each ticket purchased will be linked to a student ID #. Only the student listed when the ticket was purchased can use the ticket. Tickets are non-transferable. No alumni or non MCPS (grade 9-12) students will be allowed to attend this event.
Catered & individually packaged food, snacks and bottled water will be provided.
When: Saturday, October 2, 2021 @ 8-10pm
Where: QOHS Tennis Court and Aux Gym
Please reach out to Ms. Avalos (Kenya_R_Avalos@mcpsmd.org) or Mr. McMillen (Michael_McMillen@mcpsmd.org ) (co-sponsors of SGA) with any questions.
QO Picture Day has taken place, photo ordering information was distributed to students to bring home. Alternatively, click here to view ordering information. Caregivers can also view the images on mylifetouch.com and use the picture day ID EVTBRPZPF to view proofs and order pictures if desired.
SENIORS - Class of 2022 Info
- Class of 2022 students and families are invited to a virtual meeting to share information about the college application process, key dates, and information. Please use the link below to join us at 7:00 pm on Thursday, September 23rd - https://mcpsmd.zoom.us/j/81919516891?pwd=VGR0QitpU3VmWFBOTmgxaUo2dG5IQT09 Meeting ID: 819 1951 6891 and Passcode: 233180
- Senior Survey- The senior graduation survey is open to all seniors and their parents/guardians until Thursday 9/30. Your input will help us make important decisions regarding our amazing graduation ceremony.Join the Senior Reminder Account for Important Updates: To join, please text the following code to 81010:
- Last names A-G: text qosr22ag to 81010
- Last names H-M: text qosr22hm to 81010
- Last names N-S: text qosr22ns to 81010
- Last names T-Z: text qosr22tz to 81010
- Senior fees: senior fees include your cap and gown and other expenses related to graduation. You will be able to pay your senior fees online through the school store with a credit card beginning in late August.
- August -October 31: $65
- November 1-January 31: $75
- February 1-April 30: $85
- Senior Pictures - Another opportunity to have your senior portrait taken in the QO auditorium during the school day will occur November 11, 15, and 19. To book an appointment, go to the www.prestigeportraits.com website, enter Gaithersburg, MD in the search bar, select QOHS, and then enter your name to begin the process. Appointments will go live the week of September 6. Alternatively, seniors can call Prestige Portraits at 1-800-736-4775 and schedule a private portrait session at their studio in Rockville. All portraits must be completed by December 1 to be included in the yearbook this year.