Parent Technical Support Email:
Summer Mailing Information
The first day of school for students is Monday, August 29th and we are excited to begin the school year. To help prepare everyone for the start of the school year, please review the Summer Mailing Newsletter here! There are a lot of important details about preparing for the upcoming school year including information on Athletics, Attendance, Back to School Night (9/1), Bus Routes, Fall Calendars, Theatre, Class Updates, Cougars Connect, Student Handbook, Dress Code Policy, Cell Phone Policy, Counseling Updates, Habits for Success, Hazing and Bullying, Health Room, Communication, Lunch and Meals, MyMCPS Classroom, Restorative Justice, School Hours/Schedules, Drop-Off, Emergency Information, Internships, and Testing Accommodations.
- Parking Permit Information - See Details Below
- Bus Route Information - Arrivals - Departures - Letter in English or Español.
- Our PTSA and Boosters Organizations are key to our success. This year our amazing organizations are offering a joint membership option that allows for a 20% discount. Membership forms can be found below or at qohsboosters.com and at https://qohsptsa.memberhub.com/store. I urge you to support these worthy organizations which do so much to support our school and help us provide the best education possible to our students. You will find your involvement with one of our parent groups will help increase your student’s sense of belonging and pride in Quince Orchard High School.
- Booster/PTSA Membership Form - Sign up for both and get a 20% discount on the PTSA Memberhsip
- Booster/PTSA Membership Form - Spanish - Regístrese para ambos obtenga un 20% de descuento sobre la membresía de PTSA
- PTSA Membership Information
- PTSA Volunteer Information
- Booster Welcome Letter
- Booster Sponsorship Form 2022-23
- Season Passes for Athletic Events are now even easier to purchase and use! Passes can ONLY be purchased online through GoFan, you will immediately receive your digital pass and be able to use it for regular season home contests for whichever season you purchase - Full Year, Fall, Winter, or Spring.
- QOHS Weekly Newsletter from Ms. Thomas - June 12th
- Students or Staff testing positive for COVID-19 can report using this electronic form or by calling the school.
- QOHS Covid Notification for Class/Activity Letters for May - June 2022
Fall Registration Information - Registration for Fall Sports begins July 11th and Fall Sports tryouts/practices begin on WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10th! Please see the links below for registration information!
QO Athletics Interest List - Are you interested in playing sports at QO during the 2022-23 school year? Please fill out this link below so we can get your information to our coaches - https://forms.gle/6GVnbtYwBMrnAYM28
Students requesting space on the Quince Orchard High School parking lot must apply for a permit. This permit is a privilege, not a right, and may be revoked for failure to adhere to school policies not limited to those shown below. YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A PERMIT! Permits are assigned on a semester basis. All applications will be evaluated based on the following:
- classified as a 12th grader or 11th grader by MCPS criteria
- abbreviated schedules
- participation in-school supervised activities when activity buses are not available
- attendance at other schools requiring private transportation
- residing outside school or bus transportation boundaries
- unusual or imperative need
- satisfactory attendance, behavior, and academic records
- absence of financial obligations, including balances remaining on payment plans
- clear of any obligations
Students, upon satisfying the above criteria, may submit this google form to apply for a permit. Applications will be accepted from Monday, August 8th to Friday, September 2nd. We will send an email to your mcpsmd.net email account letting you know the status of your application by Friday, September 9th. If you receive a permit, you will have to pay $37.50 for your spot on SCO. The link to pay for your permit on OSP will be included in that email. To get your permit tag, you will bring proof of payment with you to Mr. Rabberman's Office (Room 255) during Lunch the week of September 12th.
Students will be able to start parking in their spots when they receive their permit tag. Students without a parking permit will not be able to park on campus.
Make sure you're staying sharp this summer and getting your summer assignments completed before the school year starts. There are assignments or information posted for English, Math, AP Computer Science, AP Music Theory, AP Studio Art, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, French 5/AP French, and AP Spanish.
Senior portraits will be taken in QO's auditorium from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on August 22 - 25. Seniors should follow the steps below to schedule an appointment at PrestigePortaits.com. To schedule an appointment, seniors/families should:
- Visit Prestigeportraits.com
- Select the states as: Maryland
- Enter the city as: North Potomac (leave the "code" are blank on this page).
- Select Quince Orchard and then enter the student's legal name for scheduling.
Class of 2023 Red Army & Senior Class Shirts
Red Army and Senior Class shirts were available to purchase, orders were due by 7/28/22. Details about how and where to pick-up shirts will be distributed later this month.
CONGRATULATIONS Class of 2022!
We were able to livestream most of the ceremony and recorded the entire event! Check out Graduation for the Class of 2022 on the QuinceOrchardTV YouTube Channel and the Class of 2022 Graduation Slides.
Photographs from Graduation will be available at events.lifetouch.com, sign up and you will be able to review images and place your order, it will ship directly to your home.
Summer MCPS SSL Information
Summer is a wonderful time for students to engage in SSL opportunities and earn SSL hours towards meeting the 75-hour state graduation requirement!
Middle school and high school students should continue earning SSL hours towards their SSL graduation requirement by engaging in SSL opportunities over the summer, including traditional in-person opportunities and select virtual/remote opportunities that follow the guidelines posted on the MCPS SSL webpage (www.mcps-ssl.org).
Please review the following important information for the MCPS SSL program - 2022 Summer MCPS SSL Information
If you have any questions about the SSL program before the end of the school year, please email your school’s SSL coordinator, Ms. Tammy Shelhorse (https://bit.ly/SSLCoordinatorsHS). If you have any questions about the SSL program during the summer, please email the MCPS SSL office at SSL@mcpsmd.org.
You may have heard the term “Restorative Justice” or RJ. RJ is about managing relationships, communication, collaboration, conflict resolution, and community building. At Quince Orchard, we will be engaging students, staff, and parents in our efforts to build a stronger community to support our students in achieving excellence. Please use this QOHS Restorative Justice Video and Survey link to access a video detailing QOHS Restorative Justice and complete the survey with your feedback. Thanks for your participation!
Antiracist System Audit
We know that messages from MCPS often get lost and sometimes misconstrued. The website for the Antiracist Audit has been updated and below are some materials that can help provide some more insight and support for our community members about the audit and during the audit.
- One Pager with links to all the information about the audit. Versions are available in these languages: español / 中文 / français / Português / 한국어 / tiếng Việt / አማርኛ.
- Frequently Asked Questions -- español / 中文 / français / Português / 한국어 / tiếng Việt / አማርኛ
Cougar Cub Preschool Learning Lab
We're currently accepting preschool applications for the October 2022 through May 2023 class. Your child must be 4 years old by September 1, 2022 to enroll. Tuition is only $600/year (2-$300/payments). For additional information visit our website: http://qocougarcubs.weebly.com or E-mail: Lisa_S_Seid@mcpsmd.org.