Parent Survey and Info from MCPS
The survey needs to be completed by December 3rd for EVERY student to indicate whether the student will remain exclusively in a virtual learning environment or engage in a combination of in-person and virtual instruction during the second semester. For more information please see the latest community letter with information on the phased return framework tentatively approved by the Board of Education and the MCPS COVID-19/health metrics dashboard.
- QO Fall Schedules and Calendar
- Mrs. Thomas' Letter from 11/22
- Normal Week - A day, B day, Virtual Check-Ins, A day, B day
- Ongoing - Giving Tree Sign-up is LIVE - details below
- Ongoing - Spring Sports Sign-up Opens for Virtual Season. Links will be posted here, details can be found in the Spring Sports Posting on www.QOCougars.com
- Sunday - last day to sign-up for the Hispanic Heritage Foundation's 2020 Youth Awards educational grants. Students can apply at www.hhfyouthawards.com. To download the flyer to print and share, click here: http://hhf.page.link/totk
- QO Student Handbook - online access to various policies, procedures, and additional information.
- Virtual Athletics - The Winter Season runs from from October 26th - December 4th. Sign-ups for the Spring Season begin on Tuesday, November 24th, the sign-up form is available in both English and en Español. See the full detailed information from QO Athletics. Please reach out to Mr. Rabberman and the coaches to get more information.
- Booster Club - Welcome Letter, Membership Info, Sponsorship Info - Next Meeting is on December 18th and will include a presentation about the Signs of Suicide from Ms. Jimenez, one of our School Guidance Counselors..
- PTSA - Membership Info
- Free and Reduced Meals Sign-Up - The 2020-2021 FARMS applications are now available online. Here is the link: www.MySchoolApps.com. Families can apply now to avoid any delays in September. We are encouraging all families to apply online this year. If you need assistance completing the online form, please contact your child’s counselor.
- Material Distribution - students who are in need of supplies should contact their administrator (grade 9 - Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough, grade 10 - Ms. Najera, grade 11 - Dr. Brown, and grade 12 - Mr. Neuman-Sunshine).
QO Giving Tree 2020 Sign-Up
This is year 11 of the QO Giving Tree! Due to the current status of school, we will be having the Giving Tree this year, but we will ONLY be collecting gift cards from for needy families to provide meals, household items, and holiday gifts. Please consider adopting a person or family from our QO Community who is in need this year. Details are in the flyer and the sign-up genius is now open and gift cards should be returned by Monday, December 14th.
Yearbooks On Sale NOW!
Order your yearbook today - Our students are working hard to create and capture memories from the school year, don't delay in ordering your copy of the 2021 Tracks Yearbook. Orders can be done online through the Jostens Website and details are available in the flier. Looking for an advertisement opportunity that also supports QO, consider purchasing an Ad in this year's yearbook, details can be found in the flyer.
Please submit your art and writing pieces for a chance to be included in this year's Literary Magazine! All submissions, questions, and concerns can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org!
SSL Information - 2020 Update
- The 2020-2021 Choose Respect Video Contest is open, enter today.
- Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series - MCPS is seeking students interested in developing a video presentation with either a leadership moment or extracurricular skill to inspire, teach, and share with their MCPS peers and the greater MCPS community. Students may earn 10 SSL hours for successful submission of all items identified in the Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series Form.
- Please email Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities, the Montgomery Coungty Volunteer Center site includes virtual opportunities for students to participate in to earn SSL. All of the activities on this site are pre-approved and will count towards SSL. Students who would like to volunteer in person for preapproved nonprofit organizations may do so if it does not interfere with their classes and they have parental consent.
NEHS Online Writing Center
How to submit a paper for feedback: Students who would like to submit a paper to the Online Writing Center to receive virtual tutoring may share their Google Doc with email@example.com (making sure to open the sharing settings to “can comment”). Click this YouTube link for a tutorial. The Writing Center: A Resource for Students to Improve their Writing. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Boettcher or any of our officers with any questions. You can do it! We can help!