Parent Technical Support Email:
- Weekly Newsletter from Mrs. Thomas - October 17th
- October 10th
- Upcoming College Visits - a full list can be found online here
- Monday, Oct. 18th - Make-up Pictures for grades 9-11, check announcements for the schedule
- Tuesday, Oct. 19th:
- Wednesday, Oct. 20th - Booster Club Meeting @ 7pm Meeting ID: 819 5553 3189 and Passcode: 211466
- NEW Crown High School Meetings - first meeting is Thursday, 10/28, more details can be found on the Crown High School New Building webpage
- MCPS Coronavirus Information - including the latest communication (in multiple languages) and many resources
- Bus Routes - Arrival and Departure
- PTSA Welcome Letter, Flyer, Membership Link, PTSA Welcome Letter in Spanish
- Boosters Welcome Letter, Boosters Membership 2021-2022, Boosters Membership in Spanish 2021-2022
- Athletic Event Spectator Guide
- Emergency Information - please update this for your student via ParentVue - links to the ParentVUE Support Guide and directions for completing the annual verification of information.
- Online Student Handbook
- Free and Reduced Meals - FARMS Application for 2021-2022
- Back to School Night Communication
Monday, 10/18 is the first day that Winter Athletes and ALL athletes participating in Winter or Spring Conditioning can register for the season via ParentVue. All student-athletes must be full vaccinated to participate, details can be found on the QOCougars.com website > Online Registration.
Concessions Volunteers Needed
The Booster Club needs help, please consider helping by signing up to work an upcoming event, the money raised during concessions supports so many teams and clubs within QO!
The virtual doors of The George B. Thomas. Sr. Learning Academy, Inc. - Saturday School will open for its 35th year of service on Saturday, September 25th. Online registration started on September 1st and we have adequate space for additional students, registration and information can found online - https://saturdayschool.org/.
Students must register and pay for exams by November 12th. Please see the letter for additional information.
The Afro-Academic, Cultural, Technological, and Scientific Olympics (ACT-SO) is an enrichment program and competition designed to encourage high school students to strive for excellence in up to 3 of 31 categories including Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM); Humanities (Writing); Performance Arts; Visual Arts; and Entrepreneurship. Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is encouraging student participation from each high school. The Montgomery County National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) ACT-SO and MCPS have been working with high schools through designated liaisons. All ACT-SO applications, short bios (200 words or less), and photos (headshot preferred; selfies are acceptable) should be returned by November 15, 2021. Projects and applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and projects will be acknowledged via email within 72 hours. For additional information contact ACT-SO Chairs Ms. Pat Price (email@example.com) or Ms. Laura Dennis (Ldennis99@comcast.net).
QO's Make-Up Picture day for grades 9-11 is Monday, October 18th, info for Senior Pictures is below! Pictures from the first picture day and ordering information can be found here. Caregivers can also view the images on mylifetouch.com and use the picture day ID EVTBRPZPF to view proofs and order pictures if desired.
SENIORS - Class of 2022 Info
- Join the Senior Reminder Account for Important Updates: To join, please text the following code to 81010:
- Last names A-G: text qosr22ag to 81010
- Last names H-M: text qosr22hm to 81010
- Last names N-S: text qosr22ns to 81010
- Last names T-Z: text qosr22tz to 81010
- Senior fees: senior fees include your cap and gown and other expenses related to graduation. You will be able to pay your senior fees online through the school store with a credit card beginning in late August.
- August -October 31: $65
- November 1-January 31: $75
- February 1-April 30: $85
- Senior Pictures - Another opportunity to have your senior portrait taken in the QO auditorium during the school day will occur November 11, 15, and 19. To book an appointment, go to the www.prestigeportraits.com website, enter Gaithersburg, MD in the search bar, select QOHS, and then enter your name to begin the process. Appointments will go live the week of September 6. Alternatively, seniors can call Prestige Portraits at 1-800-736-4775 and schedule a private portrait session at their studio in Rockville. All portraits must be completed by December 1 to be included in the yearbook this year.