- Order your yearbook today - Our students are working hard to create and capture memories from the school year, don't delay in ordering your copy of the 2021 Tracks Yearbook. Orders can be done online through the Jostens Website and details are available in the flier.
- Letter Home on 10/15/20 - An incident occured in a Modern World History class on 10/15, information about the incident can be found in the letter referenced in Ms. Thomas' call home.
- QO Fall Schedules and Calendar
- Mrs. Thomas' Letter from 10/18
- Honor Society Inductions - Some of our Honor Societies are participating in a virtual induction ceremony on Tuesday, 10/20 @ 7pm. Students and families of those being inducted have received invitations and access information.
- SAT Opportunities - Seniors who have not taken the SAT and still wish to do so, MCPS will be providing additional support with test fees and transportation for the Nov. 7th and Dec. 5th exams, if interested complete this Google form by Oct. 13th.
- Class Information
- Virtual Athletics - The fall season has begun and registration for the Winter Season has begun, find links to the form in English and en Español here. The Winter Season runs from from October 26th - December 4th. See the full detailed information from QO Athletics. Please reach out to Mr. Rabberman and the coaches to get more information.
- Booster Club - Welcome Letter, Membership Info, Sponsorship Info - Next Meeting is Wednesday, October 14th at 7pm
- PTSA - Membership Info - Next Meeting is Tuesday, October 6th at 7pm
- MCPS Reimagine, Reopen, Recover Website, Plan Draft, and Plan Timeline - available in multiple languages.
- MCPS Webinar Introduction to ParentVUE (the new MCPS Parent Portal)
- Material Distribution - students who are in need of supplies should contact their administrator (grade 9 - Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough, grade 10 - Ms. Najera, grade 11 - Dr. Brown, and grade 12 - Mr. Neuman-Sunshine).
- Distribution of Meals - MCPS has established over 74 locations where students can receive nutritious meals on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays (with meals for Thursday), and Friday from 11am - 1pm. The closest locations to our students include Northwest High School, Fields Road Elementary School and Brown Station Elementary School. See the MCPS Meals Website for full details.
- School System and Community Resources - MCPS has also prepared a list of school system and community resources for families during this extended school closure.
NEHS Online Writing Center
How to submit a paper for feedback: Students who would like to submit a paper to the Online Writing Center to receive virtual tutoring may share their Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org (making sure to open the sharing settings to “can comment”). Click this YouTube link for a tutorial. The Writing Center: A Resource for Students to Improve their Writing. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Boettcher or any of our officers with any questions. You can do it! We can help!
Class of 2021 Senior Info
- A second round of Senior Portraits will take place in the QO auditorium using safety and social distancing protocols in mid-January by appointment only. Seniors who have not yet been photographed will receive notification in the mail approximately 2 weeks prior to the next set of dates. If a senior who was photographed would like to be rephotographed, they will need to call in to Lifetouch's Customer Service team to schedule (retake appointments are unavailable through the online system). If a senior lost their appointment card or needs to contact Lifetouch, please call Customer Service at 1-800-445-1189. If you have any additional questions about senior portraits, please contact Ms. Eberhart-Bliss.
- The Class of 2021 sponsors have written a letter with all the start of year information you'll need! Check it out for details about Senior Fee (en Español don't delay in paying at the low price of $55 online! Questions should be sent to Ms. Jones or Ms. Farrow.
- SENIOR PARENTS - if you haven't already, stay informed throughout the year by joining the Parent Remind to get text message updates - https://www.remind.com/join/9a3k32 or text @9a3k32 to the number 81010
Back to School Night Information, 9/10
Class of 2024 - Welcome!
9th Grade Parent Meeting