Stay informed about the return to in-person learning for Phase 1.2 students including recent updates from MCPS:
- Monday, 4/12 - "O week" A Day
- Tuesday, 4/13 - Asyncrhonous B Day & In-School SAT
- Wednesday, 4/14 - "O week" B day
- Thursday, 4/15 - "O week" A day - LAST Day of 3rd Quarter
- Friday, 4/16 - No School for Students
- Latest MCPS Community Update - including COVID testing information
- QO Re-Connects Informational Website for Students
Spring In-Person Registration is open and ends on Wednesday, 4/14, details can be found online. Details about the In-Person Fall Sports Season including information about fans returning to games can be found online. Students can access the In-Person Check-In Form here. For more information please visit QOCougars.com or contact a fall coach.
- QO Spring Schedules and Calendar
- Mrs. Thomas' Letter from 4/12
- Special Schedule - A, Asynchronous B, B, A, No School Friday -- O Week
- Senior Student-Parent Meeting on April 20th
- Athletics Sports Calendar & Community Use Guidelines
- Technology Updates, Transporation Info
- AP and SAT Exam Information
- Senior Fee Reduced to $10
- Parking Information for Juniors and Seniors
- Health Room & Attendance Process for in-person return
- Return to School for Semester 2 - For more information please see the latest community announcement and these additional Resources:
- QO Student Handbook & QO Re-Connects Student Info Site
- Materials from Class Town Halls on 2/10:
- Materials from the 2nd Semester Back to School Night - Slides from the Presentation and Recording of Back to School Night
- Free and Reduced Meals Sign-Up - The 2020-2021 FARMS applications are now available online. Here is the link: www.MySchoolApps.com. If you need assistance completing the online form, please contact your child’s counselor.
- Material Distribution - students who are in need of supplies should contact their administrator (grade 9 - Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough, grade 10 - Ms. Najera, grade 11 - Dr. Brown, and grade 12 - Mr. Neuman-Sunshine).
Only 11th and 12th graders returning to in-person learning may apply online via this Google Form. Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, March 10th to Wednesday, March 24th. Applicants will be notified via their mcpsmd.net email accounts by Friday, March 26th. If you will receive a permit, it will be mailed out on Friday, March 26th along with your assigned parking space number. Students will be able to start parking in their spots on Tuesday, April 6th. Students without a parking permit will not be able to park on campus. Please email Mr. Rabberman with any questions.
AP Exam Information
This letter contains the information you'll need to pay for this year's AP exams. These slides and this video were also shared with students and contain additional information about AP exams and payments. The letter and slides include links to payment, waiver applications forms, and financial assistance forms. Please reach out to our AP Coordinators, Ms. Lyon or Ms. Nicholson with any questions!
2021-2022 Registration Information
Rising 10th-12th Grade Articulation Parent Night was Dec. 16th and Rising 9th Grade Articulation Parent Night was Jan. 21st. Information from both meetings is available online, view the recording from the 10th - 12th grade presentation or the recording from the 9th grade presentation online. You can also review the individual presentation slides - Rising 10th - 12th grade students and Rising 9th grade students.
General Registration Information and Links:
- QO Course Catalog (listing of all courses by subject with course codes and prerequisite information)
- QO Articulation Booklet
- QO Signature Program webpage and Advanced Studies Guide
- Planning for Completion of Multiple Signature Programs
- AP and Electives Fair (from 12/18 Cougars Connect)
- 9th Grade Electives Class Options
- Links to Google Sign-up Sheets - 11th grade, 10th grade, 9th grade, 8th grade (incoming 9th grade)
- Questions about registration, see the Registration Slides (student login required) or contact your Counselor
Order your yearbook today - Our students are working hard to create and capture memories from the school year, don't delay in ordering your copy of the 2021 Tracks Yearbook. Orders can be done online through the Jostens Website and details are available in the flier. Looking for an advertisement opportunity that also supports QO, consider purchasing an Ad in this year's yearbook, details can be found in the flyer. Seniors, make sure that you reserve your space in this year's yearbook by purchasing a Senior Ad for 2021!
Please submit your art and writing pieces for a chance to be included in this year's Literary Magazine! All submissions, questions, and concerns can be sent to email@example.com!
SSL Information - 2020 Update
- The 2020-2021 Choose Respect Video Contest is open, enter today.
- Virtual SSL Opportunities
- Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series - MCPS is seeking students interested in developing a video presentation with either a leadership moment or extracurricular skill to inspire, teach, and share with their MCPS peers and the greater MCPS community. Students may earn 10 SSL hours for successful submission of all items identified in the Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series Form.
- Please email Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities, the Montgomery Coungty Volunteer Center site includes virtual opportunities for students to participate in to earn SSL. All of the activities on this site are pre-approved and will count towards SSL. Students who would like to volunteer in person for preapproved nonprofit organizations may do so if it does not interfere with their classes and they have parental consent.
NEHS Online Writing Center
How to submit a paper for feedback: Students who would like to submit a paper to the Online Writing Center to receive virtual tutoring may share their Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org (making sure to open the sharing settings to “can comment”). Click this YouTube link for a tutorial. The Writing Center: A Resource for Students to Improve their Writing. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Boettcher or any of our officers with any questions. You can do it! We can help!