Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Congratulations Ms. Thomas!
Our very own Ms. Thomas was a finalist for The Washington Post's 2021 Principal of the Year, details in the MCPS Article and The Washington Post article. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to QO and the QO Community.
For anyone who missed the meeting on Tuesday night or who would like to review the slides from the presentation, please review the 2021 Student-Parent Graduation Meeting Slides and the FAQ document from the meeting. Details in the slides include information as we know it about AP exams, SeniorFest, Obligations, Senior Fees, Material Collection, Cap & Gown/Cord/Award Distribution, Rehearsal and Graduation. ALL SENIORS must complete the Graduation Participation Form by Friday, April 30th to indicate if they plan or don't plan on participating in this year's in-person Graduation on June 2nd at 9am on the QO Stadium Field and identify who their two guests will be.
Online Art Gallery
The QO Art Department is proud to showcase the art work of our artists from this year in our first ever, online-gallery. Hope you can find a minute to stop and enjoy the beauty, the expression and the skills demonstrated by our students! The resilience of our artists in this virtual learning environment has been amazing, as evidenced by the continued quality of work. Cougar pride in action!
- QO Spring Schedules and Calendar
- QO Re-Connects Informational Website for Students
- Mrs. Thomas' Letter from 5/2
- "Q Week"
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - Counselor "Tools for the College Search" meetings for Juniors
- Wednesday - Dual Enrollment Registration Meeting from 2:30-3:15pm
- Senior Questionnaire for the Prowler
- Children's Mental Health Awareness Week
- QOHS Instrument Drive - Donate Form
- Class of 2021 Graduation & SeniorFest Update
- QO Local Summer School - No Cost for Students & MCPS Summer School Information
- Video submissions for 1st Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage (Virtual) Assembly
- Athletics Sports Calendar & Community Use Guidelines
- Latest MCPS Community Update - including Isolation Updates and COVID testing information
- Return to School for Semester 2 - For more information please see the latest community announcement and these additional Resources:
- QO Student Handbook & QO Re-Connects Student Info Site
- Material Distribution - students who are in need of supplies should contact their administrator (grade 9 - Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough, grade 10 - Ms. Najera, grade 11 - Dr. Brown, and grade 12 - Mr. Neuman-Sunshine).
Spring In-Person games start this week on Friday and Saturday! Full details can be found online, students can access the Spring In-Person Check-In Form here. For more information please visit QOCougars.com or contact a spring coach.
AP Exam Information
Digital AP testing this year can only be taken on certain devices. Students can only test on Windows or Mac PC/Laptops or School-Managed Chromebooks. They CANNOT use personal Chromebooks, iPads, or Smartphones. Please reach out to our AP Coordinators, Ms. Lyon or Ms. Nicholson with any questions!
Order your yearbook today - Our students are working hard to create and capture memories from the school year, don't delay in ordering your copy of the 2021 Tracks Yearbook. Orders can be done online through the Jostens Website and details are available in the flier. Looking for an advertisement opportunity that also supports QO, consider purchasing an Ad in this year's yearbook, details can be found in the flyer.
Please submit your art and writing pieces for a chance to be included in this year's Literary Magazine! All submissions, questions, and concerns can be sent to email@example.com!
SSL Information - 2020 Update
- Virtual SSL Opportunities
- Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series - MCPS is seeking students interested in developing a video presentation with either a leadership moment or extracurricular skill to inspire, teach, and share with their MCPS peers and the greater MCPS community. Students may earn 10 SSL hours for successful submission of all items identified in the Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series Form.
- Please email Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities, the Montgomery Coungty Volunteer Center site includes virtual opportunities for students to participate in to earn SSL. All of the activities on this site are pre-approved and will count towards SSL. Students who would like to volunteer in person for preapproved nonprofit organizations may do so if it does not interfere with their classes and they have parental consent.
NEHS Online Writing Center
How to submit a paper for feedback: Students who would like to submit a paper to the Online Writing Center to receive virtual tutoring may share their Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org (making sure to open the sharing settings to “can comment”). Click this YouTube link for a tutorial. The Writing Center: A Resource for Students to Improve their Writing. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Boettcher or any of our officers with any questions. You can do it! We can help!