Booster Club Spirit Wear Sale & Fundraiser
We would love to socially distantly see you TODAY, 9/16 at Berries and Bowls in the Kentlands, a portion of sales from 9am - 8pm will benefit QO and there will be QO Spirit Wear items on sale between Noon - 2pm or 6:30 - 8pm.
Back to School Night Information, 9/10
For those who missed our large Back to School Night Webinar with information from Mrs. Thomas, PTSA, Booster Club, Athletics, SGA and learn about important information for daily activities, here are the slides from the presentation. We are working on processing and loading a recording of the webinar along with a FAQ document. Parents are encouraged to login via ParentVue to access individual videos and information from each teacher of their child, videos and information will be up through Sunday.
Start of School Information
- QO Fall Schedules and Calendar
- Mrs. Thomas' Letter from 9/13
- Classes have STARTED, all classes will be digital via myMCPS Classroom, students should login to Chrome at 8:45am, find their first class via StudentVue and get information from myMCPS Classroom. See this document for detailed instructions and screenshots.
- 2020-2021 Welcome Letter to Students and Families and Mrs. Thomas' most recent callout from 8/23/20
- MCPS Reimagine, Reopen, Recover Website, Plan Draft, and Plan Timeline - available in multiple languages.
- MCPS Webinar Introduction to ParentVUE (the new MCPS Parent Portal)
- Virtual Athletics - The fall season has begun and registration for the Winter will begin soon, see the full detailed information from QO Athletics. Please reach out toMr. Rabberman and the coaches to get more information.
- Material Distribution - students who are in need of supplies should contact their administrator (grade 9 - Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough, grade 10 - Ms. Najera, grade 11 - Dr. Brown, and grade 12 - Mr. Neuman-Sunshine).
- Distribution of Meals - MCPS has established over 74 locations where students can receive nutritious meals on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays (with meals for Thursday), and Friday from 11am - 1pm. The closest locations to our students include Northwest High School, Fields Road Elementary School and Brown Station Elementary School. See the MCPS Meals Website for full details.
- School System and Community Resources - MCPS has also prepared a list of school system and community resources for families during this extended school closure.
Fall MAP-R and MAP-M Testing
The tests are for ALL STUDENTS grades 9-12 and will take place on Wednesday, 9/23 with the MAP-M at 10am and the MAP-R at 1pm. More details about the testing process and such are available in this letter. Students are encouraged to prepare by working with the online practice test, the username is grow and the password is grow. This is all due to the emergency closure of school buildings in the past spring, the Maryland State Department of Education is requiring all school districts to administer the Measuring Academic Progress (MAP) assessments in math and literacy to all students in grades K-12.
Class of 2024 - Welcome!
Class of 2024! We are so excited to meet you. Please read our welcome letter in English or en Español and get to know your two 9th grade administrators. Communications will continue to be shared in the upcoming weeks about our virtual New Student Orientation. Please check your emails and reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
9th Grade Parent Meeting
In case you missed the meeting on Aug. 27th, here is the presentation for your review. In case you missed it, here is the video from the presentation. Our 9th Grade Assistant Principals Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough were excited to meet everyone and are happy to answer any additional questions you might have.
Class of 2021 Senior Info
- Senior Portraits will occur by appointment. Each rising senior will be mailed an appointment packet in early September, which includes instructions about how to set and confirm their appointment time. If you have any questions about senior portraits, please contact Ms. Eberhart-Bliss.
- The Class of 2021 sponsors have written a letter with all the start of year information you'll need! Check it out for details about Senior Fee (en Español don't delay in paying at the low price of $55 online! Questions should be sent to Ms. Jones or Ms. Farrow.
- SENIOR PARENTS - if you haven't already, stay informed throughout the year by joining the Parent Remind to get text message updates - https://www.remind.com/join/9a3k32 or text @9a3k32 to the number 81010
Stand Together to Be the Change
We held our first session of "Stand Together to Be the Change: Session 1: Seek to Understand" this week, information shared in that presentation is available to QOHS students via the link above.
Signs of Suicide
The Counseling Department and the School Staff are planning to start the Signs of Suicide program with students on Thursday, March 5th, additional details about the program are available in the documents below.
Sprint 1 Million Project - Internet at Home
Do you have difficulty completing your work due to lack of internet at home? If so, you may qualify for a free device from Sprint! You must be - enrolled in an MCPS HS, not have reliable internet at home (no access, multiple students with 1 computer, dial up only), and meet income requirements. If eligible you can receive a device from Sprint with 10GB per month of free high-speed LTE data. Unlimited data is provided at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 3GB in a month. Get more information in the flyers – English, French, and Spanish.
SSL Information - 2020 Update
Please email Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities, the Montgomery Coungty Volunteer Center site includes virtual opportunities for students to participate in to earn SSL. All of the activities on this site are pre-approved and will count towards SSL. Students who would like to volunteer in person for preapproved nonprofit organizations may do so if it does not interfere with their classes and they have parental consent.