Parent Technical Support Email:
- Click here for the Senior Schedule for this week May 23-27!
- Cap and Gown Distribution: Seniors MUST be cleared of all obligations before they can pick-up their cap and gown. If you are on a half-day schedule or at a different location during lunch, see Ms. Haase and Ms. Jacobs to make arrangements. Pick-up is in room 323D at lunch.
Monday, 5/23 - Last Names - A - Esc
Tuesday, 5/24 - Last Names - Et - Lam
Wednesday, 5/25 - Last Names - Lea - Riv
Thursday, 5/26 - Last Names Rog - Z
Friday, 5/27 - Make-Up Pick-Up
- Senior fees were due April 29. If you have not paid yours, it has become an obligation. You will not receive your tickets to graduation if you have obligations; please see Ms. Ayers in the Financial Office to clear your obligations.
- Graduation rehearsal on June 1 is mandatory! It starts at 7:45 am at QO and runs until about 11:30/12:00. You will receive your tickets at the end of rehearsal.
- Graduation will be held at 2:30 pm on June 2nd at UMBC. Visit the Graduation 2022 webpage on the QO website for more details and all senior/graduation information.
Some brief, but important reminders and information about upcoming events:
- QOHS Weekly Newsletter from Ms. Thomas - May 22nd
- Schedules - Regular Monday - Wednesday, Assembly on Thursday, QOTV on Friday
- Monday, 5/23 - Honor Society Inductions
- Tuesday, 5/24 - AAPI Assembly via Social Studies Classes, AAPI Activities at lunch, Rho Kappa Inductions
- Wednesday, 5/25 - Last Day for Seniors in Pds. 1-4 and Senior Awards Ceremony - reception at 6pm, awards at 6:30pm
- Thursday, 5/26 - Special Guest Assembly - Last Day for Seniors in Pds. 6-8 and Sports Awards Night Ceremony at 7pm
- Friday, 5/27 and Friday, 6/10 - Instrument Drive - the Music Department is collecting gently-used instruments from 3-6pm. Pick-up is also available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Donation receipts are also available, we greatly appreciate your support!
- Monday, 5/30 - No School
- Wednesday, 6/1 - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal 7:30am - 11:30am
- Thursday, 6/2 - GRADUATION @ 2:30pm at UMBC
No School for 9th - 11th grade students
- Students or Staff testing positive for COVID-19 can report using this electronic form or by calling the school.
- QOHS Covid Notification for Class/Activity Letters for May - June 2022
- MRA (Measurable Results Assessment) - please complete this survey for families https://www.leaderinme.com/s/quince-orchard-high-school/families Students and staff will complete the survey in school.
QO is pleased to offer a FREE local Summer School program for both credit and non-credit bearing courses this summer! Summer school will be open to all QO students as well as students from other MCPS high schools. Students may take up to one first semester course (A course) and up to one-second semester course (B course) during the summer. Each course will run for three weeks. At the conclusion of the three-week course, students may earn credit for credit-bearing courses. The current dates for summer school are as follows - Session 1: June 29th – July 19th & Session 2: July 20th – August 9th. We have the option of offering classes either in-person, blended or through a hybrid model or any combination of these models (In-person courses will be hosted at Lakelands Park Middle School). Additional details about location will follow at a later time. Determination on which courses offered will depend on a combination of student need and teacher availability. Please review the QOHS Summer School Information document for additional information to register. Additional questions, contact Mr. Yarborough, Assistant Principal Phillip_A_Yarborough@mcpsmd.org.
- Summer School Registration Form
- Credit Courses Include: Honors Health, Biology, US History, NSL, World, English 9 & 10, English 9 &10 (ELL), and Algebra 1
- Non-Credit Includes: SEL, AP Calculus Prep, Pre-Calculus Prep, Flag Football & Leadership
- Health Course Information
- Social-Emotional Learning Course Information
- CTE Summer School Website
End-of-Year MCPS SSL Information
- 2021-2022 End-of-Year MCPS SSL Information
- MCPS Form 560-51: Student Service Learning Activity Verification
Forms for the 2021-22 school year should be turned in to our SSL Coordinator Ms. Shelhorse by June 3, 2022. Please email Tammy_K_Shelhorse@mcpsmd.org if you have any questions.
- Slides from the Meeting and Video Recording of the Meeting on Thursday, April 7th
- Google Form for Handicapped/Disabled Seating and Hearing Impaired Seating Voucher Requests
2022 Yearbooks are now for sale! Go to www.jostens.com to order your yearbook today. Limited copies are available. Yearbooks are scheduled to arrive at QO in late May and distribution will be communicated via announcements made in the building. Get a free preview of the yearbook here - https://screencast-o-matic.com/u/w2EB/Quince_Orchard.
AP Exams began May 2nd, please read this letter that includes details about testing, what to bring, what not to bring, and a full schedule of testing days, times and locations. Contact Mrs. Nicholson with any questions at Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
QO will have testing that will occur during the months of April 2022-June 2022. Please review our testing calendar along with the details about testing below. Students must bring their charged MCPS chromebook to take all of the MCAP tests this spring. Students may not use their own devices. Testing rosters and locations will be sent in a separate email to students via connect ed a week prior to their respective test. If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Mr. Yarborough Assistant Principal Phillip_A_Yarborough@mcpsmd.org or Ms. Eberhart-Bliss, Acting Assistant Principal Elicia_M_Eberhart-Bliss@mcpsmd.org.
You may have heard the term “Restorative Justice” or RJ. RJ is about managing relationships, communication, collaboration, conflict resolution, and community building. At Quince Orchard, we will be engaging students, staff, and parents in our efforts to build a stronger community to support our students in achieving excellence. Please use this QOHS Restorative Justice Video and Survey link to access a video detailing QOHS Restorative Justice and complete the survey with your feedback. Thanks for your participation!
Antiracist System Audit
We know that messages from MCPS often get lost and sometimes misconstrued. The website for the Antiracist Audit has been updated and below are some materials that can help provide some more insight and support for our community members about the audit and during the audit.
- One Pager with links to all the information about the audit. Versions are available in these languages: español / 中文 / français / Português / 한국어 / tiếng Việt / አማርኛ.
- Frequently Asked Questions -- español / 中文 / français / Português / 한국어 / tiếng Việt / አማርኛ
Cougar Cub Preschool Learning Lab
We're currently accepting preschool applications for the October 2022 through May 2023 class. Your child must be 4 years old by September 1, 2022 to enroll. Tuition is only $600/year (2-$300/payments). For additional information visit our website: http://qocougarcubs.weebly.com or E-mail: Lisa_S_Seid@mcpsmd.org.
SENIORS - Class of 2022 Info
- Join the Senior Reminder Account for Important Updates: To join, please text the following code to 81010:
- Last names A-G: text qosr22ag to 81010
- Last names H-M: text qosr22hm to 81010
- Last names N-S: text qosr22ns to 81010
- Last names T-Z: text qosr22tz to 81010
- Senior fees: senior fees include your cap and gown and other expenses related to graduation, any unpaid fees are now Obligations!
- SSL Hours: The state of Maryland is requiring that students fulfill the Student Service Learning requirement this year. You must earn a minimum of 75 ssl hours to graduate. If you are unsure of how many hours you have or if you need help finding sources to earn hours, please see Mrs. Shelhorse.