Monday, February 22nd is the last day to sign-up for the In-Person Fall Sports Season, information can be found online. Details about the first day of In-Person activities including start times, locations, and check-in procedures will be posted online Tuesday, February 23rd. The Parent/Student Athlete Pre-Season meeting will be Thursday, February 25th at 6pm via Zoom. For more information please visit QOCougars.com or contact a fall coach.
Black History Month
QO will be celebrating Black History Month throughout February. Please see the full calendar of events in this flyer. Some highlights include Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action 2/1 - 2/5, MSP Lunch Discussion on 2/19, Black Arts Matter 2/22 - 2/26, and QOTV BLM Performances on 2/26.
- QO Spring Schedules and Calendar
- Mrs. Thomas' Letter from 2/14
- Regular Week - A, B, Virtual Check-Ins, A, B
- Yearbook Portrait Self-Submission
- AP and SAT Exam Information
- Updates from the College & Career Center
- Booster Club Mulch Sale
- QOHS Freedom Writers Virtual Art Show
- Materials from Class Town Halls on 2/10:
- Materials from the 2nd Semester Back to School Night:
- Return to School for Semester 2 - For more information please see the latest community announcement from February 9th including information about the return to school for select students starting March 1st and the next group of students on March 15th. Additional Resources:
- QO Student Handbook - online access to various policies, procedures, and additional information.
- Virtual Athletics - See full detailed information from QO Athletics. Please reach out to Mr. Rabberman and the coaches to get more information.
- Booster Club - Welcome Letter, Membership Info, Sponsorship Info - Next Meeting March 10th
- PTSA - Membership Info
- Free and Reduced Meals Sign-Up - The 2020-2021 FARMS applications are now available online. Here is the link: www.MySchoolApps.com. If you need assistance completing the online form, please contact your child’s counselor.
- Material Distribution - students who are in need of supplies should contact their administrator (grade 9 - Mrs. Lee and Mr. Yaroborough, grade 10 - Ms. Najera, grade 11 - Dr. Brown, and grade 12 - Mr. Neuman-Sunshine).
AP Exam Information
This letter contains the information you'll need to pay for this year's AP exams. These slides and this video were also shared with students and contain additional information about AP exams and payments. The letter and slides include links to payment, waiver applications forms, and financial assistance forms. Please reach out to our AP Coordinators, Ms. Lyon or Ms. Nicholson with any questions!
We are thrilled to announce that the QOHS Booster Club will once again be selling MULCH! This great event helps raise money while building bonds between the students and parents. Please help support us again by ordering your mulch TODAY through March 15th! By ordering 15 or more bags, you also receive free delivery! Orders less than 15 bags will need to be picked up from the school either Friday afternoon 3/19 or Saturday 3/20 and deliveries will take place March 20th. Spreading of mulch by the QOHS football team is available for an additional charge and is scheduled for March 27th & 28th. Please note the sale could be cancelled in the event that the decision is made to NOT open schools by March 15. If that happens, all payments would be immediately refunded.
2021-2022 Registration Information
Rising 10th-12th Grade Articulation Parent Night was Dec. 16th and Rising 9th Grade Articulation Parent Night was Jan. 21st. Information from both meetings is available online, view the recording from the 10th - 12th grade presentation or the recording from the 9th grade presentation online. You can also review the individual presentation slides - Rising 10th - 12th grade students and Rising 9th grade students.
General Registration Information and Links:
- QO Course Catalog (listing of all courses by subject with course codes and prerequisite information)
- QO Articulation Booklet
- QO Signature Program webpage and Advanced Studies Guide
- Planning for Completion of Multiple Signature Programs
- AP and Electives Fair (from 12/18 Cougars Connect)
- 9th Grade Electives Class Options
- Links to Google Sign-up Sheets - 11th grade, 10th grade, 9th grade, 8th grade (incoming 9th grade)
- Questions about registration, see the Registration Slides (student login required) or contact your Counselor
Order your yearbook today - Our students are working hard to create and capture memories from the school year, don't delay in ordering your copy of the 2021 Tracks Yearbook. Orders can be done online through the Jostens Website and details are available in the flier. Looking for an advertisement opportunity that also supports QO, consider purchasing an Ad in this year's yearbook, details can be found in the flyer. Seniors, make sure that you reserve your space in this year's yearbook by purchasing a Senior Ad for 2021!
Please submit your art and writing pieces for a chance to be included in this year's Literary Magazine! All submissions, questions, and concerns can be sent to email@example.com!
SSL Information - 2020 Update
- The 2020-2021 Choose Respect Video Contest is open, enter today.
- Virtual SSL Opportunities
- Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series - MCPS is seeking students interested in developing a video presentation with either a leadership moment or extracurricular skill to inspire, teach, and share with their MCPS peers and the greater MCPS community. Students may earn 10 SSL hours for successful submission of all items identified in the Student-To-Student Extracurricular Series Form.
- Please email Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities, the Montgomery Coungty Volunteer Center site includes virtual opportunities for students to participate in to earn SSL. All of the activities on this site are pre-approved and will count towards SSL. Students who would like to volunteer in person for preapproved nonprofit organizations may do so if it does not interfere with their classes and they have parental consent.
NEHS Online Writing Center
How to submit a paper for feedback: Students who would like to submit a paper to the Online Writing Center to receive virtual tutoring may share their Google Doc with firstname.lastname@example.org (making sure to open the sharing settings to “can comment”). Click this YouTube link for a tutorial. The Writing Center: A Resource for Students to Improve their Writing. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Boettcher or any of our officers with any questions. You can do it! We can help!