MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Welcome! Our Pyle PTSA (Parent-Teacher-Student-Association) proudly supports our Pyle Panthers, faculty, staff, and MCPS community in countless ways. We invite you to join us and to get involved. Pyle is our middle schoolers' "second home" for three years so we do everything we can to enhance it. Please scroll down to learn more. At the bottom of this page is our PTSA Executive Board and Committee Chair list. Please contact us - we would love to hear from you. Go Panthers!
You may join our PTSA by clicking on the above link. This link takes you to AtoZConnect. In light of the Covid-19 Pandemic, the 2020-2021 PTSA membership dues have been reduced to $20.20 per family.
(Note: If your child is NEW to Pyle in 7th or 8th grade, or if your child is in 6th grade but did NOT come from one of Pyle's five MCPS feeder elementary schools, please create your AtoZConnect account. After clicking on the above link, click "SignUp Now" at the bottom. You can find Pyle Middle School by entering "20817" in the "School Zip Code" field.)
The PTSA funds a range of programs for Pyle Middle School, and many of those programs will continue in a virtual format this year. Additionally, the PTSA is sponsoring a 2020-2021 Back-To-School Donation Drive benefiting our Sister School, Parkland MS, via MCPS Education Foundation's GIVE BACKpacks program. The Pyle PTSA will match the first $2500 raised for Parkland. To Donate click on the link above.
- Each member family receives a printed Directory and access to our online Directory and Directory app!
- Staff appreciation programs
- School beautification and maintenance projects
- Virtual Classroom supplies
- Professional development grants for teachers
- SkillsTutor program used in math classes in grades 6, 7 and 8
- And much, much more!
Pyle's back-to-school newsletter, the Pyle Phyle, is a joint publication of the Pyle Middle School Administration and the Pyle PTSA.
Pyle AtoZConnect's features:
- AtoZConnect is an all-in-one platform that supports the functions of:
- Email/Text Community Communication,
- Student/Parent Directory (Accessible only with PTSA Membership)
- Online Store
- It allows parents to "opt-in/out" of various features.
- Access to email/text and store functions does not require PTSA Membership. (i.e. you do not have to join the PTSA to get the community emails from Pyle.)
- All five Pyle feeder elementary schools use AtoZConnect; therefore, AtoZ uploads the 5th grade parents' info into Pyle's 6th grade every summer.
- Parents can "unsubscribe" on their own at any point by clicking "unsubscribe" at the top of any email.
- Emails can include photos, attachments, and links.
- AtoZConnect has an App for smartphones! (Search AtoZConnect in your store)
- Information in AtoZ can be updated by a parent at anytime.
- If you are a teacher, administrator, or PTSA/Foundation volunteer, you may post informational emails via AtoZConnect by sending them to "PyleAtoZConnect@gmail.com." Please include a descriptive subject line, detailed text (who, what, when, where, why, how) and include your name and email address at the bottom for questions.
IS YOUR CHILD NEW TO PYLE?
If your child is new to Pyle in 7th or 8th grade, or if your child is in 6th grade but did NOT come from one of Pyle's five MCPS feeder elementary schools, please create your directory account at https://atozconnect.com/cls/login.php . After clicking on "Signup Now," you can find Pyle Middle School by entering "20817" in the "School Zip Code" field.
Ron English, email@example.com
New Family - New to the area? Get in contact with an existing Pyle family with kids the same age who can provide insights and a helping hand to you and your Pyle children.
Host Family - Want to be a host family? Provide advice that isn't written down anywhere to another family. Help newcomers make friends and learn their way around Pyle.
For more info, please email Sandy Zuylen, SandyZuylen@gmail.com.
Visit the Montgomery County Council of Parent Teacher Associations website.
2020-2021 Executive Board
|Executive Vice President||Katy Greenbergfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Recording Secretary||Meri-Margaret Deoudesemail@example.com|
|Corresponding Secretary||Meg Pressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP of Volunteers||Shari Cantoremail@example.com|
|VP of Volunteers||Valquiria Reyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP of Membership (recruitment/dues)||Brit Prattemail@example.com|
|VP of Membership (directory)||Heather Daileyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP of Programs||Dina Yetmanemail@example.com|
|VP of Programs||Mary Minshewfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP of Social Media||Dana Cruzemail@example.com|
|Cluster Rep||Susan Eaglefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cluster Rep||Elizabeth Haileemail@example.com|
|MCCPTA Rep||Rochelle Finkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MCCPTA Rep||Sheila Bruchemail@example.com|