Bylaws | Pyle Phyle | PyleAtoZConnect | Directory | NAACP Representative | Buddy Family Program | MCCPTA | PTSA Officers | Expense reimbursement and check request form for a qualified expense| Download a Membership Form
Welcome! Our Pyle PTSA (Parent-Teacher-Student-Association) proudly supports our Pyle Panthers, faculty, staff, and MCPS community in countless ways. We invite you to join us and to get involved. Pyle is our middle schoolers' "second home" for three years so we do everything we can to enhance it. Please scroll down to learn more. At the bottom of this page is our PTSA Executive Board and Committee Chair list. Please contact us - we would love to hear from you. Go Panthers!
You may join our PTSA by clicking on the above link. This link takes you to AtoZConnect. Our annual PTSA dues are $40 per family. (Note: If your child is NEW to Pyle in 7th or 8th grade, or if your child is in 6th grade but did NOT come from one of Pyle's five MCPS feeder elementary schools, please create your AtoZConnect account. After clicking on the above link, click "SignUp Now" at the bottom. You can find Pyle Middle School by entering "20817" in the "School Zip Code" field.)
The PTSA funds a range of programs for Pyle Middle School, including the following:
- Each member family receives a printed Directory and access to our online Directory and Directory app!
- After-school activity busses and crossing guards
- Shakespeare program in grades 6, 7 and 8
- Staff appreciation lunches
- Staff meeting refreshments
- Landscaping projects
- Classroom supplies
- Professional development grants for teachers
- SkillsTutor program used in math classes in grades 6, 7 and 8
- 6th grade back-to-school picnic and 8th grade end-of-the year lunch
- And much, much more with your donation!
Pyle's back-to-school newsletter, the Pyle Phyle, is a joint publication of the Pyle Middle School Administration and the Pyle PTSA.
Introducing our new listserve: Pyle AtoZConnect!
Pyle AtoZConnect is our new listserve which replaced PyleNet during the summer of 2018. We used PyleNet for 20 years, so it was time for an upgrade!
Pyle AtoZConnect's features:
- It is an "opt-out" system. Parents do not have to join it. Every email address in the directory is automatically included in the email distribution.
- All five feeder elementary schools use AtoZConnect for their directories; therefore, AtoZ uploads the 5th grade parents' info into Pyle's 6th grade every summer.
- Parents can "unsubscribe" on their own at any point by clicking "unsubscribe" at the top of any email.
- Emails can include photos, attachments, and links.
- AtoZConnect has a super App for smartphones!
- We can now send "grade-specific" emails.
- Parents can update their own contact info when they log into their accounts at www.atozconnect.com.
- If you are a teacher, administrator, or PTSA/Foundation volunteer, you may post informational emails via AtoZConnect by sending them to "PyleAtoZConnect@gmail.com." Please include a descriptive subject line, detailed text (who, what, when, where, why, how) and include your name and email address at the bottom for questions.
ACCESSING THE ONLINE DIRECTORY
AtoZ Directories has rolled out a new and improved version of our online directory software. You can log in to the directory at https://atozconnect.com. If you visit it from a mobile device, you can save the link to your home screen for easy access on the go! Also, you can download their app - AtoZConnect!
IS YOUR CHILD NEW TO PYLE?
If your child is new to Pyle in 7th or 8th grade, or if your child is in 6th grade but did NOT come from one of Pyle's five MCPS feeder elementary schools, please create your directory account at https://atozconnect.com/cls/login.php . After clicking on "Signup Now," you can find Pyle Middle School by entering "20817" in the "School Zip Code" field.
HAS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED SINCE PUBLICATION OF LAST YEAR’S DIRECTORY?
If your email address has changed since publication of last year's Pyle or feeder elementary school directory, please contact Olivia Awasthi, PTSA Co-VP of Membership, at email@example.com with “Pyle Directory – new email” in the subject line.
Ron English, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Family - New to the area? Get in contact with an existing Pyle family with kids the same age who can provide insights and a helping hand to you and your Pyle children.
Host Family - Want to be a host family? Provide advice that isn't written down anywhere to another family. Help newcomers make friends and learn their way around Pyle.
For more info, please email Sandy Zuylen, SandyZuylen@gmail.com.
Visit the Montgomery County Council of Parent Teacher Associations website.
2019-2020 Executive Board
|1 President||Karen Romanemail@example.com|
|2 Executive Vice President||Daphne O'Brien||Dobrien@anybill.com|
|3 Treasurer||Betsy Dodsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4 Recording Secretary||Meri-Margaret Deoudesemail@example.com|
|5 Corresponding Secretary||Meg Pressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6 VP of Volunteers||Dana Cruzemail@example.com|
|7 VP of Volunteers||Amy Buckleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8 VP of Membership (recruitment/dues)||Kathy Lowyemail@example.com|
|9 VP of Membership (directory)||Olivia Awasthifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10 VP of Programs||Dina Yetmanemail@example.com|
|11 VP of Programs||Lidie Greenwaldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|12 VP of Social Media||Katy Greenberg||Katydgreenberg@gmail.com|
|13 Cluster Rep||Susan Eagleemail@example.com|
|14 Cluster Rep||Yeages Cowanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|14 MCCPTA Rep||Rochelle Fink||L1doc@hotmail.com|
|15 MCCPTA Rep||Sheila Bruchemail@example.com|