MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
The Pyle Counseling Office and Counseling Advisory Committee were delighted to have Ms. Denise Lisi DeRosa, Program Manager for the Family Online Safety Institute speak at our February 2015 CAC meeting. Here is a link to Ms. DeRosa’s powerpoint.
Additional Resources from Ms. DeRosa:
- Good Digital Parenting (home)
- 7 Steps to GDP
- 10 App Tip Sheets
- Online Safety Contract Cards
- Your Questions Answered video series
- Digital Reputation Checklist
- Digital Citizenship Flashcards
- Resource Guides (10)
- Family Online Safety Contract
These documents are to assist parents and students on Cyber Ethics issues pertaining to Middle Schoolers
- Preventing Cyberbullying: Top Ten Tips for Teens- By Sameer Hinduja, Ph.D. and Justin W. Patchin, Ph.D January 2012
- Supervising Your Child’s Use of Technology 101 - This tip sheet, summarizes the various resources available to parents for monitoring their children’s use of the internet, Facebook, cell phones, iTouch/iPhones, and video chatting.
- Common Misconceptions about Technology and your Middle Schooler
- Parental Controls Product Guide 2010 - This tip sheet was referenced by Cyber-awareness expert Sameer Hinduja during the September Parent Meeting.
- Click here to download a detailed brochure on safe internet browsing practices.
Below is a list of websites to assist parents and students in learning more about Internet Safety.