Material Distribution Semester 2
Poolesville Students and Families,
Poolesville High School will be distributing second semester materials to students and collecting any materials that need to be returned on Friday, February 12, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the bus loop in front of the main entrance of PHS. Students will be informed by their teachers if there are materials to pick up. Please see the schedule below:
- Last Names A-E, 8:00-9:30 a.m.
- Last Names F-K, 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Last Names L-R, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Last Names S-Z, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Make-ups, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
To help support the traffic flow and minimize waiting times, we ask that you break each 90-minute time period and alphabet grouping into thirds to identify the best time to arrive at distribution. If everybody arrives at the beginning or end of an assigned segment, there will be longer waits and more traffic.
We ask that you please follow the process below to ensure a smooth and efficient flow of distribution activities.
- Arrive during your assigned time. If your time does not work in your schedule, please come during the make-up time of 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Enter the student parking lot off of West Willard Road. A staff member will direct traffic to the pick-up/return location.
- Stay in your car. PHS staff will approach each car in turn to accept returned items and provide second semester books and materials.
- Display a sign with the students’ name and ID number. Please ensure the sign is able to be easily read by a staff member at a distance.
- Leave all items to be returned in your trunk or backseat so they can be easily and independently retrieved by staff while maintaining social distancing. Staff will also be placing second semester items in the trunk or backseat of your vehicle. For the safety of all involved, we want to avoid directly handing items to one another.
- Individually label all items being returned with the students’ name and ID number. This will help ensure students do not mistakenly receive obligations for items or books they have returned.
- Wear a mask when staff is accessing your car and/or when communicating with staff.
- Be patient as we process hundreds of vehicles within a tight timeframe.
A make-up day will be determined at a later date. In the event of inclement weather, a new distribution schedule will be communicated. We look forward to seeing everybody on Friday and giving students the necessary materials for their continued success.
Mark A. Carothers
Poolesville High School